Roxio 8 And Nero 7 Problems.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by DJ Z, May 7, 2006.

  1. DJ Z

    DJ Z Guest

    ::Hey everyone,::
    :: ::
    ::So here is my problem I am trying to install Nero 7 and Roxio 8 on
    the same computer. I have no problems with one or the other installed
    it is when I install bough installed is when the problems occur.::
    :: ::
    ::I install Nero 7, and then proceed to install Roxio 8 it installs
    fine then I reboot to finsh the install and when I do I get a pop up
    box from nero saying::
    :: ::
    ::*****************::
    ::Nero Check::
    :: ::
    ::The LowerFilter or UpperFilter Registry Key::
    ::For the CD-ROM was containg incorrect drivers::
    ::It has been corrected.::
    :: ::
    ::You must reboot your computer::
    ::In order the changes are effective.::
    :: ::
    ::Until then you’re my not be able to access ::
    ::your CD-Rom drivers.::
    ::*****************::
    :: ::
    ::Ok know here is where the funny happens I click ok check Nero7
    showing bough my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.. I check Roxio8 shows bough
    my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.::
    :: ::
    ::But once I reboot it Roxio8 does not find any of my drives.::
    :: ::
    ::I have tried removing the Lower and Upper Filter Keys from the
    registry but that did not bring my drives. ::
    :: ::
    ::I try doing a repair on Roxio and my computer just hangs at the
    welcome screen when loading windows I left it for over 5 min and it did
    not finish loading windows.::
    :: ::
    ::Does any one else have any idea how to make this work? ::
    :: ::
    :: ::
    ::Ideas? Thanks::
    ::DJ Z::
    :: ::
    ::_____________::
    ::AMD Operation 2500+ 64bit::
    ::ASUS K8N::
    ::1 GIG OCZ (2x256) 400mhz::
    ::Radion 9600 128mag::
    ::LG 52x32x52::
    ::BenQ DVD+-RW DL 16X::
    ::IDE HD::
    ::Windows XP Pro X64 (Apps)::
    ::Windows 98 (Games)::


    --
    DJ Z
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1731
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23466
    DJ Z, May 7, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. I can't say I'm surprised. Both of them are quite intrusive. I think the
    message is clear - install one of them and learn to live with its
    eccentricities. Personally, I'm staying with Nero version 6. It does all I
    need it to do, and with a lot less crap than version 7.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    DJ Z wrote:
    >>> Hey everyone,::
    >>>>>
    >>> So here is my problem I am trying to install Nero 7 and Roxio 8 on

    > the same computer. I have no problems with one or the other installed
    > it is when I install bough installed is when the problems occur.::
    >>>>>
    >>> I install Nero 7, and then proceed to install Roxio 8 it installs

    > fine then I reboot to finsh the install and when I do I get a pop up
    > box from nero saying::
    >>>>> :*****************:: Nero Check::
    >>>>>
    >>> The LowerFilter or UpperFilter Registry Key::
    >>> For the CD-ROM was containg incorrect drivers::
    >>> It has been corrected.::
    >>>>>
    >>> You must reboot your computer::
    >>> In order the changes are effective.::
    >>>>>
    >>> Until then you’re my not be able to access ::
    >>> your CD-Rom drivers.::

    >> :*****************::
    >>>>>
    >>> Ok know here is where the funny happens I click ok check Nero7

    > showing bough my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.. I check Roxio8 shows bough
    > my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.::
    >>>>>
    >>> But once I reboot it Roxio8 does not find any of my drives.::
    >>>>>
    >>> I have tried removing the Lower and Upper Filter Keys from the

    > registry but that did not bring my drives. ::
    >>>>>
    >>> I try doing a repair on Roxio and my computer just hangs at the

    > welcome screen when loading windows I left it for over 5 min and it did
    > not finish loading windows.::
    >>>>>
    >>> Does any one else have any idea how to make this work? ::
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>> Ideas? Thanks::
    >>> DJ Z::
    >>>>>

    >> :_____________::
    >>> AMD Operation 2500+ 64bit::
    >>> ASUS K8N::
    >>> 1 GIG OCZ (2x256) 400mhz::
    >>> Radion 9600 128mag::
    >>> LG 52x32x52::
    >>> BenQ DVD+-RW DL 16X::
    >>> IDE HD::
    >>> Windows XP Pro X64 (Apps)::
    >>> Windows 98 (Games)::
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 7, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. What is the compelling reason for installing both of them?
    They both cover the same utilities.
    I'd install one of them and then look for a specific third party utility for
    covering the missing features.
    Nero 7 is a little tricky go get up n' runnin'.
    I'd recommend the newest one, version 7.2.0.3
    First of all do an uninstall of any previous version of Nero you may have.
    Nero offers you a cleanup tool at:
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/deu/Clean_Tools.html
    Then, an only then, install version 7.2.0.3
    Prior v7 releases had problems with audio skips.
    They seem to be gone now.
    Take into account also that Nero 7 is heavyweight.
    Nero 6 accomplishes almost the same tasks and is lighter.
    Carlos

    "DJ Z" wrote:

    >
    > ::Hey everyone,::
    > :: ::
    > ::So here is my problem I am trying to install Nero 7 and Roxio 8 on
    > the same computer. I have no problems with one or the other installed
    > it is when I install bough installed is when the problems occur.::
    > :: ::
    > ::I install Nero 7, and then proceed to install Roxio 8 it installs
    > fine then I reboot to finsh the install and when I do I get a pop up
    > box from nero saying::
    > :: ::
    > ::*****************::
    > ::Nero Check::
    > :: ::
    > ::The LowerFilter or UpperFilter Registry Key::
    > ::For the CD-ROM was containg incorrect drivers::
    > ::It has been corrected.::
    > :: ::
    > ::You must reboot your computer::
    > ::In order the changes are effective.::
    > :: ::
    > ::Until then you’re my not be able to access ::
    > ::your CD-Rom drivers.::
    > ::*****************::
    > :: ::
    > ::Ok know here is where the funny happens I click ok check Nero7
    > showing bough my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.. I check Roxio8 shows bough
    > my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.::
    > :: ::
    > ::But once I reboot it Roxio8 does not find any of my drives.::
    > :: ::
    > ::I have tried removing the Lower and Upper Filter Keys from the
    > registry but that did not bring my drives. ::
    > :: ::
    > ::I try doing a repair on Roxio and my computer just hangs at the
    > welcome screen when loading windows I left it for over 5 min and it did
    > not finish loading windows.::
    > :: ::
    > ::Does any one else have any idea how to make this work? ::
    > :: ::
    > :: ::
    > ::Ideas? Thanks::
    > ::DJ Z::
    > :: ::
    > ::_____________::
    > ::AMD Operation 2500+ 64bit::
    > ::ASUS K8N::
    > ::1 GIG OCZ (2x256) 400mhz::
    > ::Radion 9600 128mag::
    > ::LG 52x32x52::
    > ::BenQ DVD+-RW DL 16X::
    > ::IDE HD::
    > ::Windows XP Pro X64 (Apps)::
    > ::Windows 98 (Games)::
    >
    >
    > --
    > DJ Z
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1731
    > View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23466
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 7, 2006
    #3
  4. DJ Z

    DJ Z Guest

    Thanks Carlo

    The real reason i was trying to use bough Nero 7 and Roxio 8 was tha
    nero 7 had probems with is audio and skips i was un aware that it ha
    been fixed so i scrap this Roxio now.. i love Nero 7 for its dv
    creation stuff it was fast and had good features thats how come i wa
    trying to use bough now that i know nero has been fixed is all good

    Thank Yo
    DJ

    --
    DJ
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=173
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2346
    DJ Z, May 8, 2006
    #4
  5. DJ Z:
    Please don't forget uninstalling previous Nero 7 versions.
    It is important for the audio skip thingie.
    In the event these audio skips were back again, overwrite the following dll's
    mp3pro.dll
    mp3pro_hlp.dll
    mp3pro_dm.dll
    (located somewhere in the Program Files x86 dir) with the ones used in Nero
    6.6.
    That is, use the older versions of those files by simply overwriting the
    newer ones.
    Carlos

    "DJ Z" wrote:

    >
    > Thanks Carlos
    >
    > The real reason i was trying to use bough Nero 7 and Roxio 8 was that
    > nero 7 had probems with is audio and skips i was un aware that it had
    > been fixed so i scrap this Roxio now.. i love Nero 7 for its dvd
    > creation stuff it was fast and had good features thats how come i was
    > trying to use bough now that i know nero has been fixed is all good.
    >
    > Thank You
    > DJ Z
    >
    >
    > --
    > DJ Z
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1731
    > View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23466
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 8, 2006
    #5
  6. Been there, done that. I've talked to both Roxio and Nero technical support.
    Both companies say that Nero 7 and Roxio 8 cannot be on the same system at
    the same time, I even tried both programs on different partitions which
    seemed to work okay on a Windows XP Pro 32 bit syatem but not with 64 bit
    configuration. Something about only one program being able to control the
    installed CD/DVD drives.

    John T.

    "DJ Z" wrote:

    >
    > ::Hey everyone,::
    > :: ::
    > ::So here is my problem I am trying to install Nero 7 and Roxio 8 on
    > the same computer. I have no problems with one or the other installed
    > it is when I install bough installed is when the problems occur.::
    > :: ::
    > ::I install Nero 7, and then proceed to install Roxio 8 it installs
    > fine then I reboot to finsh the install and when I do I get a pop up
    > box from nero saying::
    > :: ::
    > ::*****************::
    > ::Nero Check::
    > :: ::
    > ::The LowerFilter or UpperFilter Registry Key::
    > ::For the CD-ROM was containg incorrect drivers::
    > ::It has been corrected.::
    > :: ::
    > ::You must reboot your computer::
    > ::In order the changes are effective.::
    > :: ::
    > ::Until then you’re my not be able to access ::
    > ::your CD-Rom drivers.::
    > ::*****************::
    > :: ::
    > ::Ok know here is where the funny happens I click ok check Nero7
    > showing bough my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.. I check Roxio8 shows bough
    > my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.::
    > :: ::
    > ::But once I reboot it Roxio8 does not find any of my drives.::
    > :: ::
    > ::I have tried removing the Lower and Upper Filter Keys from the
    > registry but that did not bring my drives. ::
    > :: ::
    > ::I try doing a repair on Roxio and my computer just hangs at the
    > welcome screen when loading windows I left it for over 5 min and it did
    > not finish loading windows.::
    > :: ::
    > ::Does any one else have any idea how to make this work? ::
    > :: ::
    > :: ::
    > ::Ideas? Thanks::
    > ::DJ Z::
    > :: ::
    > ::_____________::
    > ::AMD Operation 2500+ 64bit::
    > ::ASUS K8N::
    > ::1 GIG OCZ (2x256) 400mhz::
    > ::Radion 9600 128mag::
    > ::LG 52x32x52::
    > ::BenQ DVD+-RW DL 16X::
    > ::IDE HD::
    > ::Windows XP Pro X64 (Apps)::
    > ::Windows 98 (Games)::
    >
    >
    > --
    > DJ Z
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1731
    > View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23466
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TGltZXkgbGFk?=, May 8, 2006
    #6
  7. I've had problems with Roxio and Nero.The Upper and lower register message
    pops up in Nero though the program still works OK
    My big problem was running Roxio and DivX converter on the same system .It
    just doesn't happen one kills the other.
    I think Microsoft are "selling us a pup" with x64.The Operating System works
    really well ,until you try to install programs on it almost every program I
    have installed has diminished functionality (if it works at all) ,even those
    that "support x64"
    Can I wait for Vista ? If x64 is anything to go by,I couldn't give a toss

    "Limey lad" wrote:

    > Been there, done that. I've talked to both Roxio and Nero technical support.
    > Both companies say that Nero 7 and Roxio 8 cannot be on the same system at
    > the same time, I even tried both programs on different partitions which
    > seemed to work okay on a Windows XP Pro 32 bit syatem but not with 64 bit
    > configuration. Something about only one program being able to control the
    > installed CD/DVD drives.
    >
    > John T.
    >
    > "DJ Z" wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > ::Hey everyone,::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::So here is my problem I am trying to install Nero 7 and Roxio 8 on
    > > the same computer. I have no problems with one or the other installed
    > > it is when I install bough installed is when the problems occur.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::I install Nero 7, and then proceed to install Roxio 8 it installs
    > > fine then I reboot to finsh the install and when I do I get a pop up
    > > box from nero saying::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::*****************::
    > > ::Nero Check::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::The LowerFilter or UpperFilter Registry Key::
    > > ::For the CD-ROM was containg incorrect drivers::
    > > ::It has been corrected.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::You must reboot your computer::
    > > ::In order the changes are effective.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::Until then you’re my not be able to access ::
    > > ::your CD-Rom drivers.::
    > > ::*****************::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::Ok know here is where the funny happens I click ok check Nero7
    > > showing bough my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.. I check Roxio8 shows bough
    > > my cd-rw and my dvd-rw fine.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::But once I reboot it Roxio8 does not find any of my drives.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::I have tried removing the Lower and Upper Filter Keys from the
    > > registry but that did not bring my drives. ::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::I try doing a repair on Roxio and my computer just hangs at the
    > > welcome screen when loading windows I left it for over 5 min and it did
    > > not finish loading windows.::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::Does any one else have any idea how to make this work? ::
    > > :: ::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::Ideas? Thanks::
    > > ::DJ Z::
    > > :: ::
    > > ::_____________::
    > > ::AMD Operation 2500+ 64bit::
    > > ::ASUS K8N::
    > > ::1 GIG OCZ (2x256) 400mhz::
    > > ::Radion 9600 128mag::
    > > ::LG 52x32x52::
    > > ::BenQ DVD+-RW DL 16X::
    > > ::IDE HD::
    > > ::Windows XP Pro X64 (Apps)::
    > > ::Windows 98 (Games)::
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > DJ Z
    > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > > DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1731
    > > View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23466
    > >
    > >
    =?Utf-8?B?dWxmaXJl?=, May 8, 2006
    #7
  8. DJ Z

    Graham Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > I can't say I'm surprised. Both of them are quite intrusive. I think the
    > message is clear - install one of them and learn to live with its
    > eccentricities. Personally, I'm staying with Nero version 6. It does all I
    > need it to do, and with a lot less crap than version 7.


    The (huge) fixes don't seem to be noticably improving it either.

    Graham.
    Graham, May 9, 2006
    #8
  9. I wouldn't know. I didn't even bother to download them

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Graham wrote:
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> I can't say I'm surprised. Both of them are quite intrusive. I think the
    >> message is clear - install one of them and learn to live with its
    >> eccentricities. Personally, I'm staying with Nero version 6. It does all
    >> I need it to do, and with a lot less crap than version 7.

    >
    > The (huge) fixes don't seem to be noticably improving it either.
    >
    > Graham.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 9, 2006
    #9
  10. Both do work... but not installed simultaneously. I dumped Nero for Roxio
    8.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging
    http://www.coribright.com/windows



    "Graham" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> I can't say I'm surprised. Both of them are quite intrusive. I think the
    >> message is clear - install one of them and learn to live with its
    >> eccentricities. Personally, I'm staying with Nero version 6. It does all
    >> I need it to do, and with a lot less crap than version 7.

    >
    > The (huge) fixes don't seem to be noticably improving it either.
    >
    > Graham.
    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 9, 2006
    #10
  11. DJ Z

    DJ Z Guest

    Ok guys here it is i had roxio installed on a fresh copy of pro x6
    uninstalled it for nero 7.2.0.3.. and i am still gitting audio skips

    I am going restore my image file and just install nero this time an
    see if it works. but for some reason i dont think its going to... wil
    update asap
    does any one else have any ideas... i must have a working mp3 - c
    audio program... and nero 7 kicks @ss for making movies so i dont kno
    what to do

    Ideas

    --
    DJ
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=173
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2346
    DJ Z, May 12, 2006
    #11
  12. DJ Z

    DJ Z Guest

    DJ Z, May 12, 2006
    #12
  13. Contact Nero. It's their software, and ultimately their issue. I haven't
    seen anything here that indicates a specific area to look at. 7.2 was
    supposed to fix this stuff, but obviously hasn't in your case.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    DJ Z wrote:
    > Well i restored my image and Nero 7.2.0.3 does not have audio probem
    > fixed it still skips. so now what do i do next?
    >
    > Any ideas. i relly want to run Nero 7.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2006
    #13
  14. DJ Z, Charlie:
    Please believe me.
    This is the fix (plan B), as I stated in a prior post:
    "In the event these audio skips were back again, overwrite the following dll's
    mp3pro.dll
    mp3pro_hlp.dll
    mp3pro_dm.dll
    (located somewhere in the Program Files x86 dir) with the ones used in Nero
    6.6.
    That is, use the older versions of those files by simply overwriting the
    newer ones"
    Tested by me (batteries not included).
    Carlos

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > Contact Nero. It's their software, and ultimately their issue. I haven't
    > seen anything here that indicates a specific area to look at. 7.2 was
    > supposed to fix this stuff, but obviously hasn't in your case.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >
    > DJ Z wrote:
    > > Well i restored my image and Nero 7.2.0.3 does not have audio probem
    > > fixed it still skips. so now what do i do next?
    > >
    > > Any ideas. i relly want to run Nero 7.

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 12, 2006
    #14
  15. Thanks, Carlos.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Carlos wrote:
    > DJ Z, Charlie:
    > Please believe me.
    > This is the fix (plan B), as I stated in a prior post:
    > "In the event these audio skips were back again, overwrite the following
    > dll's mp3pro.dll
    > mp3pro_hlp.dll
    > mp3pro_dm.dll
    > (located somewhere in the Program Files x86 dir) with the ones used in
    > Nero
    > 6.6.
    > That is, use the older versions of those files by simply overwriting the
    > newer ones"
    > Tested by me (batteries not included).
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Contact Nero. It's their software, and ultimately their issue. I haven't
    >> seen anything here that indicates a specific area to look at. 7.2 was
    >> supposed to fix this stuff, but obviously hasn't in your case.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    >>
    >> DJ Z wrote:
    >>> Well i restored my image and Nero 7.2.0.3 does not have audio probem
    >>> fixed it still skips. so now what do i do next?
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas. i relly want to run Nero 7.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2006
    #15
  16. DJ Z

    DJ Z Guest

    Carlos
    Thank you so much after i replaced the files from Nero 6.6 all is wel
    know

    No more buring headakes know i can get back to what i do best Playin
    Music. and not have to worie about cd skips infront of 300+ people a
    what happend the first time i played cd burn with Nero 7 need less t
    say thay have not had me back sence then. Worest set of my life

    Cheer
    And much Thank
    DJ

    --
    DJ
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    DJ Z's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=173
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2346
    DJ Z, May 13, 2006
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Bad Little Kyle

    Roxio vs. Nero

    Bad Little Kyle, Jun 25, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,049
    Robert Schumacher
    Jun 25, 2003
  2. Buffy

    Alternatives to Nero / Roxio

    Buffy, Nov 23, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    7,483
    Plato
    Nov 25, 2004
  3. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    667
  4. lbbss
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,311
    Shep©
    Jul 27, 2005
  5. bigredfred
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    725
    bigredfred
    Sep 22, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page