    first thoughts were the Cisco Local Director, but I'm not sure if this will
    do the job.

    Any ideas ??
    Leandro Nicoletti, Feb 5, 2005

  2. The CSS series can accomplish this with the "sorry server" feature.

    http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/...s_configuration_example09186a0080093de8.shtml

    Steve
    www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Leandro Nicoletti

    chris kane Guest

    > I have two servers, primary & secondary. These servers sit on a private
    > network (behind a firewall), but have different ip addreses.
    >
    > I am trying to find a device(or way)that will re-direct traffic to the
    > secondary server if the primary server is unavailable.
    >
    > The traffic will be FTP based initially, comming in from the Internet. My
    > first thoughts were the Cisco Local Director, but I'm not sure if this

    will
    > do the job.
    >
    > Any ideas ??

    how about trying Cisco's IOS based Server Load Balancing? i just breezed
    through it real quick but it sounds like it may cover what you need. even if
    there is not a direct solution for your specific needs, there is often a way
    to manipulate it to fit your situation. here's the link to the DOC CD
    explaining it.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr
    _c/ipcprt1/1cfsflb.htm

    hth,