    are always keep the same no matter it is stage 1, stage 2 or stage 3. Only
    the source and dest MAC addresses will be changed. Am I right?

    Thanks

    a, May 23, 2007

  2. On 24.05.2007 00:23 a wrote

    > PC A|----------R1-------------------R2---------|-----PC B
    > Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
    >
    > I just want to clear the basic concept.
    > For the data flow from PC A toward PC B, the source IP and destination IP
    > are always keep the same no matter it is stage 1, stage 2 or stage 3. Only
    > the source and dest MAC addresses will be changed. Am I right?

    Go away "a" aka "cheeku" and do your homework on your own.

    TIA, Arnold
    --
    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, May 24, 2007

  3. a

    a Guest

    I just want to confirm my concept. I am not doing my homework.
    It is just a yes or no question.

    "Arnold Nipper" <>
    ???????:...

    a, May 24, 2007
  4. a wrote:
    > Arnold Nipper wrote:
    >> a wrote:
    >>
    >>> PC A|----------R1-------------------R2---------|-----PC B
    >>> Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
    >>>
    >>> I just want to clear the basic concept. For the data flow from PC
    >>> A toward PC B, the source IP and destination IP
    >>> are always keep the same no matter it is stage 1, stage 2 or
    >>> stage 3. Only
    >>> the source and dest MAC addresses will be changed. Am I right?
    >>>

    >> Go away "a" aka "cheeku" and do your homework on your own.

    Is Arnold implying that "a" aka "cheeku" has a history of being lazy?

    > I just want to confirm my concept. I am not doing my homework. It is
    > just a yes or no question.

    OK, the answer is 'No.' I'll spare you a discussion of NAT, ATM, FR etc.

    RedGrittyBrick, May 26, 2007
  5. a

    brickwalls19 Guest

    On May 23, 6:23 pm, "a" <> wrote:
    > PC A|----------R1-------------------R2---------|-----PC B
    > Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
    >
    > I just want to clear the basic concept.
    > For the data flow from PC A toward PC B, the source IP and destination IP
    > are always keep the same no matter it is stage 1, stage 2 or stage 3. Only
    > the source and dest MAC addresses will be changed. Am I right?
    >
    > Thanks

    It's a basic concept that is discussed in any "Networking for Dummies"
    book. Go home, turn off the computer, concentrate on what you read,
    and understand what you are reading.

    HTH

    brickwalls19, May 31, 2007
  6. a

    a Guest

    "brickwalls19" <>
    ???????:...
    > On May 23, 6:23 pm, "a" <> wrote:
    > > PC A|----------R1-------------------R2---------|-----PC B
    > > Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
    > >
    > > I just want to clear the basic concept.
    > > For the data flow from PC A toward PC B, the source IP and destination

    IP
    > > are always keep the same no matter it is stage 1, stage 2 or stage 3.

    Only
    > > the source and dest MAC addresses will be changed. Am I right?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > It's a basic concept that is discussed in any "Networking for Dummies"
    > book. Go home, turn off the computer, concentrate on what you read,
    > and understand what you are reading.
    >
    > HTH

    Why my concept is wrong?
    The following is from
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/routing.htm

    Thanks

    Switching algorithms is relatively simple; it is the same for most routing
    protocols. In most cases, a host determines that it must send a packet to
    another host. Having acquired a router's address by some means, the source
    host sends a packet addressed specifically to
    a router's physical (Media Access Control [MAC]-layer) address, this time
    with the protocol (network layer) address of the destination host.

    As it examines the packet's destination protocol address, the router
    determines that it either knows or does not know how to forward the packet
    to the next hop. If the router does not know how to forward the packet, it
    typically drops the packet. If the router knows how to forward the packet,
    however, it changes the destination physical address to that of the next hop
    and transmits the packet.

    The next hop may be the ultimate destination host. If not, the next hop is
    usually another router, which executes the same switching decision process.
    As the packet moves through the internetwork, its physical address changes,
    but its protocol address remains constant, as illustrated in Figure 5-2.

    a, Jun 1, 2007