    connected to a router that is not managed by me. I only have access to the
    4503 and 4506 switch. Question is do i need access to the router at all? Or
    would i be able to configure all vlans on the 4506 switch?
    tony, Aug 21, 2006

  2. tony

    Camilo Guest

    I guess you are using the router to access the internet and the acceess
    you don't have is management access. IF this is the case you won''t
    need access to the router. You just have to configure the vlans in the
    switches as you mentioned , and create the inter vlan routing in the
    4506. I assume the 4506 has the router as the default GW for internet
    access.
    Hope this helps.

    Camilo

    Camilo, Aug 22, 2006