    Betsy Guest

    How would I check where an email actually came from? I am getting virus
    loaded messages from webtv users?

    Betsy, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Betsy

    °Mike° Guest

    You are almost certainly receiving the mail from
    the virus/worm itself, which spoofs headers.

    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:33:20 -0500, in
    <>
    Betsy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Betsy

    Millimeter Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:07:42 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >You are almost certainly receiving the mail from
    >the virus/worm itself, which spoofs headers.

    Not to mention that headers can be spoofed.

    I use my ISP's webmail function to filter out unc before I download
    it. I seem to have a few that cannot be fltered automatically as they
    have no apparent origin. Sender is listed as unknown.

    Millimeter

    Millimeter, Nov 12, 2004