    IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
    VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
    knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.
    Ciscoserver, May 17, 2011

  2. Ciscoserver

    flamer Guest

    On May 18, 7:22 am, Ciscoserver <> wrote:
    > I have a firewall that is connected to my Cisco Router and that
    > connects us to the internet and a VPC connecting to Amazon. From my
    > network of 192.168.0.x I can connect to the VPC which is 192.168.1.x.
    > But it does not connect back to my network. I can RDP into the outside
    > IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
    > VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
    > knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.

    yes you still need to add a route from your internal network to the
    inside network on the other side of the VPN. (use the private
    addresses) and the route will need to be added to the other router
    too.

    Flamer.
    flamer , May 19, 2011

  3. Ciscoserver

    Ciscoserver Guest

    On May 18, 7:35 pm, "flamer "
    <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 7:22 am, Ciscoserver <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a firewall that is connected to my Cisco Router and that
    > > connects us to the internet and a VPC connecting to Amazon. From my
    > > network of 192.168.0.x I can connect to the VPC which is 192.168.1.x.
    > > But it does not connect back to my network. I can RDP into the outside
    > > IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
    > > VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
    > > knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.

    > yes you still need to add a route from your internal network to the
    > inside network on the other side of the VPN. (use the private
    > addresses) and the route will need to be added to the other router
    > too.
    >
    > Flamer.

    Thanks, since I am new to cisco what route would i need to use.
    Ciscoserver, May 19, 2011