Routing different VLANS to different locations

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Asger, May 23, 2008.

  1. Asger

    Asger

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hey,

    i need some advice on a routing scenario.
    I have four sites with Cisco routers (1841's) - A, B, C and D.

    I need to set up this scenario:
    At A, i have 3 different VLANS originating from one port on a VLAN capable piece of equipment. It is non Cisco - but 802.1q capable. I have these 3 VLANS coming to the Cisco Fa0/1 port.
    B, C and D are connected via tunnel interfaces 1, 2 and 3 in the A location router.
    I need VLAN10 to go to A, VLAN20 to go to B, VLAN 30 to C.
    It is desirable to not have routing in between the VLANS in router A.

    How can this be achieved?

    Any help is appreciated..

    /Asger

    Asger, May 23, 2008

  2. Asger

    biteater

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    On router A, you simply define a vrf for each of yoru vlans.
    You put the tunnel interfaces into the corresponding vrf.
    You may use overlapping IP's in those vrf's.
    You want to globally configure "no ip route inter-vrf" .

    There is no need to configure that also in B,C,D .

    Hope this help's.

    biteater, May 23, 2008