routing complication

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by LeeJC, Jul 8, 2010.

  1. LeeJC

    LeeJC

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I'm trying to set up a call between 2 legs of a star network.
    All sites have ccm routers.
    I'll try and put the topology down as best i can

    ip phone 0501-ccmrt(a)-natrt(a)-ipcrypto(a)-layer1switch(a)-cloud-layer1 switch(b)-ip crypto-natrt(b)-ccmrt(b)-natrt(b) ipcrypto(b)-layer1switch(b)-cloud-layer1 switch(c)-ipcrypto(c)-natrt(c)-ccmrt(c)-ip phone 0401

    It's over complicated for what it is as you might be able to interpret from above the problem being that every device aside from the ip phone has some routing information.
    What I believe is happening is that the call initiate signal is going from ip phone 0501 to the first instance of layer1switch(b) which holds some routing information and routes it back out on to the cloud. This is bypassing 2 of the required passes through the ip crypto devices, which i think is where the problem lies.

    ccmrt (a) ip address is say 172.16.152.16 (Connected to ip phone 0501)
    ccmrt (b) ip address is say 172.16.153.32
    ccmrt (c) ip address is say 172.16.152.48 (Connected to ip phone 0401)

    Currently the dial plan at ccmrt (a) for connecting to ip phone 0401 is set to the 172.16.152.48 address, there is no routing information at up to any point but the layer1switch(b) which sends it back out down the correct leg for 0401 but skips a decrypt/encrypt process.

    What i'm trying to do is set a dial plan within the ccmrt (a) that points all cross wan calls to ccmrt (b) and then have ccmrt (b) initiate a second leg as it were to connect to ccmrt (c) thereby tying up the encryption process.

    Is this possible using H.323?
    Can I set all dial plans to a single Cisco Call Manager Express Router and then have that router complete the second leg?
    What sort of configuration do I need to implement to achieve this??

    Thanks
    Lee

    LeeJC, Jul 8, 2010