    PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can route
    my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not, anyone
    know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance
    Don, May 15, 2006

  2. Don

    Graham Guest

    > Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible to
    > set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of
    > the PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can
    > route my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if
    > not, anyone know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in
    > Advance

    No.

    I do all kinds of DISA stuff like that with my Asterisk server,

    And my PAP2 simply appears as two extensions off it.

    For example, I can call a number, my Asterisk box detects

    that it is 'ringing' but does not answer it (so no charge)

    15 seconds later Asterisk returns the call to the originating CLI,

    asks for a password, and gives you dialtone so you can then dial out to
    anywhere

    with no charge applied to the phone you are using.

    Why not give it a try, I have zero Linux knowledge and have achieved

    lots with the help of Google and this NG.

    My server is actually a PII 300Mhz which was destined for the skip, and

    performs remarkably well.

    --

    Graham.

    %profound_observation%

    Graham, May 15, 2006

  3. Don

    Jono Guest

    Don brought next idea :
    > Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible to
    > set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of the
    > PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can route
    > my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not, anyone
    > know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance

    Something like the Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 would allow what you're
    after. However, as Graham indicated, you'd have a lot of power if you
    fancied trying Asterisk@home
    Jono, May 15, 2006
  4. Don

    Niko ;\) Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Don brought next idea :
    > > Hi guys I am new to this so be kind to me! Looking for help if possible

    > > set up a Linksys PAP2 so that I can dial in from a cell phone to one of

    the
    > > PAP2 numbers and then get a dial tone on the 2nd PAP2 number so I can

    route
    > > my mobile calls through my VOIP account. Is this possible, or if not,

    anyone
    > > know of any device that this can be done with. Thank You in Advance

    > Something like the Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 would allow what you're
    > after. However, as Graham indicated, you'd have a lot of power if you
    > fancied trying Asterisk@home

    Or just www.easypabx.com :)
    Regards,
    Niko ;)
    Niko ;\), May 16, 2006
  5. Don

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 16 May 2006, Niko ;) writes
    >Or just www.easypabx.com :)

    I shouldn't rely on them too much. Their servers have been down since
    before 6pm 19/5/06. That's over 5 hours and counting - and no
    explanations forthcoming.

    DF
    David Floyd, May 19, 2006