routing between NHRP tunnels?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Mar 12, 2011.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    On a 3725 running C3725-ADVSECURITYK9-M, Version 12.4(5a), we have
    two different DMVPN tunnels configured, each on a different external
    IP address. They use NHRP and IPSEC. CEF is enabled on the router.

    On one tunnel, several routers are connected and eigrp is used as
    a routing protocol. All those routers can communicate to eachother
    via the central router.

    One of the leaf nodes connects to the second DMVPN tunnel and a static
    routing is used there. It can communicate with the central site
    without problems, but it cannot talk to the routers connected to
    the other DMVPN tunnel.

    It looks like the traffic cannot hop from one DMVPN tunnel end to the
    other inside the central site router, but it routes OK to the other
    interfaces in that router.
    There are also some "standard" IPSEC tunnels (not DMVPN) defined in
    that router, and traffic routes there too.

    It does not appear there are any access list rules that are matching
    (looking at counters for deny rules).

    What could be going on here? A bug, or something that has to be
    configured to allow this routing?

    With older versions of IOS I saw issues like this (like not being
    able to route from one "standard" IPSEC tunnel into another) when
    CEF was enabled, and disabling CEF fixed that, but those seemed to
    be cured. I don't want to disable CEF right now.

    Rob, Mar 12, 2011

  2. Rob

    Rob Guest

    It was fixed by installing a newer IOS version...

    Rob, Apr 23, 2011