    Any help appreciated.

    Thanx
    DoosWyn

    DoosWyn, Feb 19, 2005

  2. DoosWyn

    Toby Guest

    "DoosWyn" <> wrote in message
    news:MCPRd.2653$...
    > Hi Everyone
    >
    > I've setup a Cisco 2514 running 2 Ether networks. I can ping from both to
    > both,
    > connect to one domain and share all data and peripherals.
    >
    > My problem is that as soon as I connect to the internet, I loose all comms
    > between networks although computers on the same network can still
    > communicate.
    > Seems that the router just stops routing.
    >
    > My internet connection is an ADSL running on a WinXP(SP2) PC. Whether I
    > share
    > the connection or not OR turn off the XP firewall or not, the symptoms are
    > the
    > same.

    Not 100% sure how you are connecting these together. I assume you have
    something like an ADSL Modem connected to the WINXP PC by USB and then
    connecting the PC to the cisco 2514 via Ethernet. If this is the case once
    the ADSL USB is connected it will use this link as the default gateway and
    will not route traffic to a remote network over your ethernet.

    Use netstat -r on the PC to see the PC's routing table.

    I think you will find no entries for remote networks on your LAN. I have had
    no need to do routing via the PC though so if this is the problem a good
    google search should be able to help you further.

    Regards

    Toby.

    Toby, Feb 20, 2005