    I was wondering what the experts think of this situation, and how to
    do this routing.

    Thanks for any thoughts.

    Karl H., May 12, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    (Karl H.) wrote:

    > I have a 2514, with unbalanced serial (frame relay) connections to
    > different networks at our ISP.
    > There's a full T1 on one serial and a 512 on the other. My goal is to
    > route from S0 to E0, and S1 to E1, as if this were two separate
    > routers(with 1 serial and 1 ethernet each).
    > I have a firewall, to be installed after the router, which understands
    > unbalanced connections to the internet, and should do the load
    > balancing.
    >
    > I was wondering what the experts think of this situation, and how to
    > do this routing.
    >
    > Thanks for any thoughts.

    For inbound traffic: Split your address block into two subnets that are
    assigned to each Ethernet, and tell the ISP to route each one to the
    corresponding serial link.

    For outbound traffic: Configure policy routing on each Ethernet
    interface, with a route-map that specifies the corresponding serial
    interface:

    interface Ethernet0
    ip policy route-map use-s0

    interface Ethernet1