    to route packets, but use the OSPF route to advertise from router A to
    other routers via OSPF?

    I appreciate any help. Thanks.
    German R, Feb 5, 2007

  2. German R

    Thrill5 Guest

    You should never, ever, ever run two different routing protocols between two
    routers. This will cause very strange and unexpected behavior. You can
    corrupt the metrics sent by the protocols for routes known by both protocols
    even if you are not redistributing traffic. If you need the routes on
    router B learned from BGP on router A, redistribute the routes into OSPF by
    router A. If both routers really need BGP and OSPF, make one of the
    protocols passive on the links that they share.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Feb 6, 2007