    easliy solved by disconnecting the router from the ac adapter then
    reconnecting it. Any ideas.

    Thanks

    Veritech, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Veritech

    Dave Guest

    ask your router manufacturer. some routers seem to require regular
    rebooting/power cycling. maybe there is a firmware update to help yours.

    Dave, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Veritech

    Malke Guest

    Veritech wrote:

    > Every so often, my router appears to go sleep, lol. Its not a serious
    > problem, its happened about 3 times in since i got it 4 months ago.
    > Its easliy solved by disconnecting the router from the ac adapter then
    > reconnecting it. Any ideas.

    Can you define "going to sleep"? Do you mean it loses its connection to
    your cable/dsl modem? What brand cable/dsl modem and router? What ISP?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Veritech

    Veritech Guest

    Both of my pc can't find the SSID, or the network, which "suddenly"
    reappears when its reset.

    its a linksys broadband router 802.11b

    Veritech, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Veritech

    Malke Guest

    Veritech wrote:

    > Both of my pc can't find the SSID, or the network, which "suddenly"
    > reappears when its reset.
    >
    > its a linksys broadband router 802.11b

    Try updating the firmware on the router. Get it from Linksys' website,
    and make sure you get the correct firmware for your exact model. If a
    firmware update doesn't solve the problem the router may be failing.
    You may want to replace that older router with a newer 802.11G model.

    Malke

    Malke, Jan 8, 2005