    wireless cards and will be wireless. What's a good way to get everyone on
    the network with one controller and on the Internet. I'm trying to
    coordinate the router and switch?

    Richard Miller, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    JANA Guest

    You will have to have a wireless system that can accommodate the 24 wireless
    ports.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    I have a router with 4 ports, 12 desktops, which has 24 ports. Desktops have

    JANA, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Richard Miller

    Billh Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:
    > I have a router with 4 ports, 12 desktops, which has 24 ports. Desktops have
    > wireless cards and will be wireless. What's a good way to get everyone on
    > the network with one controller and on the Internet. I'm trying to
    > coordinate the router and switch?

    I don't know if you typed this right but if the desktops have wireless
    cards and the router is wireless then you don't need the switch.

    But if you mean the laptops are wireless and you have 12 desktops that
    need to be wired then plug them all in to the switch then plug the
    switch in to one of the lan ports of the router. Look on your router
    for an uplink port often 1 or 24 some times there is a switch you have
    move or a newer one will do it automatically for you.

    Billh, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Richard Miller

    Plato Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    > I have a router with 4 ports, 12 desktops, which has 24 ports. Desktops have
    > wireless cards and will be wireless. What's a good way to get everyone on
    > the network with one controller and on the Internet. I'm trying to
    > coordinate the router and switch?

    Networking - General

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/home-network.htm
    http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp