    Thanks for the help,
    SD
    Innovative-Hosting.net
    InnoHosting, Nov 24, 2003

  2. InnoHosting

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "InnoHosting" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I've only recently got ADSL, and wanted to hook my PlayStation 2 and
    > laptop as well as other devices to my router.
    > Do i use a cross over cable or a direct cable connected to the router
    > and device? And if its not too much trouble, what is each used for?

    Crossover is for connecting computer to computer or router/switch to
    router/switch. You will most likely need two regular (straight through,
    not crossed) cables for your connections.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Nov 24, 2003

  3. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    InnoHosting wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've only recently got ADSL, and wanted to hook my PlayStation 2 and
    > laptop as well as other devices to my router.
    > Do i use a cross over cable or a direct cable connected to the router
    > and device? And if its not too much trouble, what is each used for?
    >

    > Thanks for the help,
    > SD
    > Innovative-Hosting.net

    Just regular cable when connecting to a router. Cross-over cables are
    for connecting two computers (though some modems, like mine at home
    requires a crossover cable).

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 24, 2003
  4. InnoHosting

    InnoHosting Guest

    So just a direct cable right?

    SD

    InnoHosting, Nov 24, 2003
  5. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    InnoHosting wrote:
    > So just a direct cable right?
    >
    > SD
    >
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> InnoHosting wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I've only recently got ADSL, and wanted to hook my PlayStation 2 and
    >>> laptop as well as other devices to my router.
    >>> Do i use a cross over cable or a direct cable connected to the
    >>> router and device? And if its not too much trouble, what is each
    >>> used for?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks for the help,
    >>> SD
    >>> Innovative-Hosting.net

    >> Just regular cable when connecting to a router. Cross-over cables
    >> are for connecting two computers (though some modems, like mine at
    >> home requires a crossover cable).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer

    yup...direct cat5 cable will do it.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 24, 2003
  6. InnoHosting

    InnoHosting Guest

    Ok thanks for the help every1.
    Night_Seer,

    when you said CAT5, you mean an RJ45 CAT5 yeah?
    I'm sorry to keep asking little questions with each post, its just that I
    recently got a new room built along with an extension on the house, and the
    electrician will be fitting all the wires through the walls. If i get it
    wrong then it's gonna be a big waste of time and money.

    SD
    http://innovative-hosting.net

    InnoHosting, Nov 25, 2003
  7. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    InnoHosting wrote:
    > Ok thanks for the help every1.
    > Night_Seer,
    >
    > when you said CAT5, you mean an RJ45 CAT5 yeah?
    > I'm sorry to keep asking little questions with each post, its just
    > that I recently got a new room built along with an extension on the
    > house, and the electrician will be fitting all the wires through the
    > walls. If i get it wrong then it's gonna be a big waste of time and
    > money.
    >
    > SD
    > http://innovative-hosting.net
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> InnoHosting wrote:
    >>> So just a direct cable right?
    >>>
    >>> SD
    >>>
    >>> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message

    >> yup...direct cat5 cable will do it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer

    yup...no worries, we're all here to help each other.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 25, 2003
  8. InnoHosting

    Jerry G. Guest

    Use a Patch cable, not a Cross cable. The patch is a straight through cable.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com