    have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.

    Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i am
    still waiting to hear from them.

    Bulld0g, Jun 18, 2007

  2. Bulld0g

    Zoom Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    news:CNxdi.25296$...
    > Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro on my
    > laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has been running
    > great for months,but i went away at the weekend and switched everything
    > off Laptop, Modem and Router.
    >
    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    > connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web
    > manager and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have
    > even reformatted the laptop
    > .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
    > have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.
    >
    > Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i
    > am still waiting to hear from them.

    Did you try resetting he router, there should be a little

    Reset button, probably on the back somewhere.

    Zoom, Jun 18, 2007

  3. Bulld0g

    Gordon Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message

    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    > connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,

    I would suspect that the router is borked.......did you leave the phone line
    plugged in?

    Gordon, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    >> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    >> The internet light isnt coming on,

    > I would suspect that the router is borked.......did you leave the phone
    > line plugged in?

    No m8 its a cable modem i unplugged the power before i went.

    Bulld0g, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Bulld0g

    Kraftee Guest

    Bulld0g wrote:
    > Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro
    > on my laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has
    > been running great for months,but i went away at the weekend and
    > switched everything off Laptop, Modem and Router.
    >
    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried
    > to connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the
    > web manager and i have reset the Router to original factory
    > settings.I have even reformatted the laptop
    > .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the
    > ethernet but have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls
    > running.
    > Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning
    > but i am still waiting to hear from them.

    Why o why have you reformated your laptop & reset your router???

    Guess what......that will be of no bloody good to you at all.

    Your router isn't seeing a DSL signal, so you play about with
    everything hoping it will magically appear. A name does come to mind
    but I can't use it in mixed company...

    It's very simple, have you tried your router in the test socket in the
    back of your master socket?

    Have you tried unplugging everything except the router?

    No you go about like a headless chicken.

    If you do not get a synch at the test socket I would suggest that
    getting in contact with your DSL supplier would do you a lot more good
    than a million resets & reloadings of your laptop.

    If you do then you have to start checking all other equipment
    attatched to your telephone line not reset your router & format &
    reload your laptop.

    The chances are you either have a faulty filter or your line has gone
    faulty neither of which will be corrected by resetting your router or
    formatting your laptop & reloading it.

    If you remember this it will pay you good dividends but I bet you'll
    listen to the format/reset reeload brigade....

    Kraftee, Jun 18, 2007
  6. Bulld0g wrote:

    > Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro on my

    You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, and it may
    well be yours has been confiscated for public interests (science or
    military appliances). Unfortunately, these cables are hard to see at all,
    but you will be sent a mail with a coupon to get a new non-wireless cable
    plus a pair of wireless network cards for free.
    Unfortunately that mail may be not accessable to you because of the missing
    wireless cable ...

    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    > connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web
    > manager and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have
    > even reformatted the laptop

    Great. I guess you also reformatted your personal data, the address book and
    your account data while in panic. Now have a nice day, a sixpack and a week
    or more without a computer. You may, however, miss the internal ISP
    newsboard telling there has been a caterpillar accident or a lightning
    struck the backbone router.

    > .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
    > have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.

    Looks like your last braincell connected to your fingers just fine?

    > Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i
    > am still waiting to hear from them.

    If your question to Belkin is just half as confuse as that one, you may
    expect a visit from every possible emergency unit, may it be the cia/nsa or
    the psych ward.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 18, 2007
  7. Walter Mautner wrote:

    > Bulld0g wrote:
    >
    >> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and

    > You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, ...

    Boys ... boys ... What if he means his Belkin router is hooked up to
    his cable modem .. y'know, broadband from the cable TV company? :)

    (I think he should reformat the computer a few more times, though.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 18, 2007
  8. Bulld0g

    Kraftee Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Walter Mautner wrote:
    >
    >> Bulld0g wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and

    >> You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, ...

    > Boys ... boys ... What if he means his Belkin router is hooked up
    > to his cable modem .. y'know, broadband from the cable TV company?
    > :)
    >
    > (I think he should reformat the computer a few more times, though.)

    But he doesn't even bother to tell anybody what the bloody cable modem
    is doing....is it working....are the correct leds alight or anything
    else which is useful. No it's the dive reset, reformat everything
    without bothering to check.

    The BIG question the OP should be thinking about is how does
    reformating a PC affect a router? Mind you to be honest I meet up
    with the idea, in real life, far to often & ISPs just love telling
    their unsuspecting end users to do it....It's almost as good as my
    employers IT dept, any & every problem can be solved with a good
    defrag.......NOT!

    Kraftee, Jun 19, 2007
  9. Kraftee wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Walter Mautner wrote:
    >>>
    >>> You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, ...

    >> Boys ... boys ... What if he means his Belkin router is hooked up
    >> to his cable modem .. y'know, broadband from the cable TV company?
    >> ... : -)
    >>
    >> (I think he should reformat the computer a few more times, though.)

    > But he doesn't even bother to tell anybody what the bloody cable
    > modem is doing....is it working....are the correct leds alight or
    > anything else which is useful. No it's the dive reset, reformat
    > everything without bothering to check.

    Right of course. Like any help desk question, the helper needs to ask
    and have answered a dozen more questions before the actual problem is
    identified.

    > The BIG question the OP should be thinking about is how does
    > reformating a PC affect a router? Mind you to be honest I meet up
    > with the idea, in real life, far to often & ISPs just love telling
    > their unsuspecting end users to do it....It's almost as good as my
    > employers IT dept, any & every problem can be solved with a good
    > defrag.......NOT!

    What? You mean a reformat or a defrag won't fix *everything*?

    (Excuse me for a minnit; I have to reformat my computer...)
    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 19, 2007
  10. Bulld0g

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro on my
    > laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has been running
    > great for months,but i went away at the weekend and switched everything
    > off Laptop, Modem and Router.
    >
    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    > connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web
    > manager and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have
    > even reformatted the laptop
    > .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
    > have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.
    >
    > Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i
    > am still waiting to hear from them.

    First thing to try, is skip the wireless router completely. Turn everything
    off. Disconect the cable modem from the cable and from the power. Wait 2
    minutes or more. Connect the cable to the modem. Connect the power to the
    modem and turn it on. WAIT. WAIT. Wait. When the modem finishes all the
    self-tests, plug your computer directly into the modem with a CAT5 ethernet
    cable. NOW you can turn on the laptop. Do you get Internet? If so, power
    down the laptop. Disconnect laptop from the ethernet cable. Connect the
    ethernet cable to the WAN connection on the router. Power on the router.
    Watch the lights - anything? If so, connect the laptop to the router with
    another ethernet cable. (You DO have two, right? You always want two - you
    should never do router setups over the wireless connection.) Power up. Do
    you have Internet? If so, check the wireless in the laptop to see if it has
    a signal. If you do, then disconnect the ethernet cable and see if you can
    get Internet through the wireless.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 19, 2007
  11. Bulld0g

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Bulld0g wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    >>> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    >>> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    >>> The internet light isnt coming on,

    >> I would suspect that the router is borked.......did you leave the phone
    >> line plugged in?
    >>

    > No m8 its a cable modem i unplugged the power before i went.

    Look, you have to unplug everything (modem, router, pc) - power off, not
    "reset".

    Then powerup the modem and WAIT 1 minute (60 seconds) then the router
    and wait 60 sec then the pC - this allows each to boot up and detect the
    unit in 'front' of it.

    Rick Merrill, Jun 19, 2007
  12. Bulld0g

    Gazwad Guest

    Bulld0g <>, the chubby-derelict and theatrical
    invert who likes animalistic tool twisting with octopuses, and whose
    partner is a chippie with a wringing-wet furry furnace, wrote in
    <CNxdi.25296$>:
    > Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router

    You poor ****.

    Buy a proper one and be done with it.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jun 19, 2007
  13. Bulld0g

    Plato Guest

    Bulld0g wrote:

    > When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    > connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    > The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web manager
    > and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have even
    > reformatted the laptop
    > .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
    > have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.

    You may have to shut everything off, inclduing the router and internet
    modem, and all the pcs connnected to the modem, sometimes you have to
    wait 15 minutes, Then turn the modem on, them turn the router on, then
    turn on each pc on one at a time to make it work.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 19, 2007
  14. Bulld0g

    Steve Urbach Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:16:12 +0100, "Gazwad"
    <> wrote:

    >Bulld0g <>, the chubby-derelict and theatrical
    >invert who likes animalistic tool twisting with octopuses, and whose
    >partner is a chippie with a wringing-wet furry furnace, wrote in
    ><CNxdi.25296$>:
    >> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router

    >You poor ****.
    >
    >Buy a proper one and be done with it.

    I rarely agree with Gazwad, but in this case...
    Belkin might make decent, but over priced cables.
    But..... If it has any electronic components, make the fingers cross warding
    sign and *RUN*.
    I would even trust "Airlink" more than "Belkin", and they are not `very high
    on my list.
    S U

    Steve Urbach, Jun 19, 2007
  15. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Walter Mautner wrote:
    >
    >> Bulld0g wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and

    >> You know wireless cables these days are really short in supply, ...

    > Boys ... boys ... What if he means his Belkin router is hooked up to
    > his cable modem .. y'know, broadband from the cable TV company? :)

    Hehe, that was just a reminder the OP should express himself clearly.
    Got a cable connection (and cheapo netgear wireless router) here as well,
    and I have it on a power bar with switch - the pc, the cable modem
    powersupply, the router powersupply and some other power cubes, and it
    works just fine when I turn it off alltogether and on again the other day.

    > (I think he should reformat the computer a few more times, though.)

    Reformat in panic ... most probably without saving anything. Looks like
    headcrashing the last-braincell-container against the keyboard ;-/

    Walter Mautner, Jun 19, 2007
  16. Bulld0g

    Gazwad Guest

    Kraftee <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk>, the boozing-skid-row-bum and
    double-jointed madge-cove who likes fiendish cane varnishing with
    tortoiseshell cats, and whose partner is a flesh-peddler with an
    unpleasant tang, wrote in <f56nq8$2bm$>:
    > Bulld0g wrote:
    >> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro
    >> on my laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has
    >> been running great for months,but i went away at the weekend and
    >> switched everything off Laptop, Modem and Router.
    >>
    >> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried
    >> to connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    >> The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the
    >> web manager and i have reset the Router to original factory
    >> settings.I have even reformatted the laptop
    >> .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the
    >> ethernet but have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls
    >> running.
    >> Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning
    >> but i am still waiting to hear from them.

    > Why o why have you reformated your laptop & reset your router???
    >
    > Guess what......that will be of no bloody good to you at all.
    >
    > Your router isn't seeing a DSL signal, so you play about with everything
    > hoping it will magically appear. A name does come to mind but I can't use
    > it in mixed company...
    >
    > It's very simple, have you tried your router in the test socket in the
    > back of your master socket?

    Master socket?
    I see you're fully qualified to troubleshoot a cable modem.
    Sadly, it's not rammed up your arse.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jun 19, 2007
  17. Bulld0g

    Gazwad Guest

    WhzzKdd <frack_this@email_is.invalid>, the fat-ragbag and deviant
    fantail who likes nefarious sex acts with garden snails, and whose
    partner is a street-girl with a dowdy yo-yo smuggler, wrote in
    <ZXEdi.36$>:
    > "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi I have a Belkin wireless cable router F5D7230.and running xp pro on my
    >> laptop,connecting wirelessly via the router. everything has been running
    >> great for months,but i went away at the weekend and switched everything
    >> off Laptop, Modem and Router.
    >>
    >> When i came back last night i plugged everything back in and tried to
    >> connect to the internet but i couldnt connect via the router.
    >> The internet light isnt coming on,on the router.I can access the web
    >> manager and i have reset the Router to original factory settings.I have
    >> even reformatted the laptop
    >> .I can connect directly to the laptop from the modem to the ethernet but
    >> have no luck with the route,.there are no firewalls running.
    >>
    >> Anyone any idea what it may be ? i have emailed Belkin this morning but i
    >> am still waiting to hear from them.
    >>

    > First thing to try, is skip the wireless router completely. Turn
    > everything off. Disconect the cable modem from the cable and from the
    > power. Wait 2 minutes or more. Connect the cable to the modem. Connect the
    > power to the modem and turn it on. WAIT. WAIT. Wait. When the modem
    > finishes all the self-tests, plug your computer directly into the modem
    > with a CAT5 ethernet cable. NOW you can turn on the laptop. Do you get
    > Internet?

    Why are you telling the stupid **** to do what he's already stated has been
    done and works perfectly?
    You dumb ****.

    > If so, power down the laptop. Disconnect laptop from the ethernet cable.
    > Connect the ethernet cable to the WAN connection on the router. Power on
    > the router. Watch the lights - anything? If so, connect the laptop to the
    > router with another ethernet cable. (You DO have two, right? You always
    > want two - you should never do router setups over the wireless
    > connection.) Power up. Do you have Internet? If so, check the wireless in
    > the laptop to see if it has a signal. If you do, then disconnect the
    > ethernet cable and see if you can get Internet through the wireless.

    You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been working
    directly connected to the laptop?
    So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
    expect it to work?
    You dumb ****!

    Aside: You're all as thick as each other.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jun 19, 2007
  18. Bulld0g

    Brian MW0GKX Guest

    > You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
    > working
    > directly connected to the laptop?
    > So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
    > expect it to work?
    > You dumb ****!

    Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking sense.

    MAC address not recognised=no service

    --
    People. You can't live with 'em and it's illegal to hunt them...except in
    Texas.

    Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk

    Brian MW0GKX, Jun 19, 2007
  19. Bulld0g

    Gazwad Guest

    Brian MW0GKX <>, the senile-derelict and conspicuous
    knick-knack who likes deranged king crowning with moon rats, and whose
    partner is a bit of **** with a delicate gingerbread, wrote in
    <gQPdi.1318$>:

    >> You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
    >> working
    >> directly connected to the laptop?
    >> So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And you
    >> expect it to work?
    >> You dumb ****!
    >>

    > Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking sense.
    >
    > MAC address not recognised=no service

    Corr!

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Jun 19, 2007
  20. Bulld0g

    relic Guest

    Gazwad wrote:
    > Brian MW0GKX <>, the senile-derelict and conspicuous
    > knick-knack who likes deranged king crowning with moon rats, and whose
    > partner is a bit of **** with a delicate gingerbread, wrote in
    > <gQPdi.1318$>:
    >>>
    >>> You would have him connect the belkin to the modem that's just been
    >>> working
    >>> directly connected to the laptop?
    >>> So the cable modem has the laptops mac not that of the router? And
    >>> you expect it to work?
    >>> You dumb ****!
    >>>

    >> Gazwad may not have much in the way of manners but he's talking
    >> sense.
    >>
    >> MAC address not recognised=no service

    > Corr!

    What was wrong with your manners?