    Your help on this will be greatly appreciated.

    (I posted this on another group as I did not know this group existed)
    Patrick

    RedRover, Dec 16, 2004

  2. RedRover

    Malke Guest

    RedRover wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I have a customer who uses a dedicated Netgear Router (Not Wireless)
    > to access the web and use a VPN link to his Employer, this router
    > cannot and must not be changed.
    >

    > Using an ethernet cable connection to his router he can access the
    > internet on another machine but he wants to do this wirelessly for
    > other computers in his home.
    >

    > What is the best way to do this, should he use a wireless router with
    > an ethernet connection to his existing router? or what?
    > Your help on this will be greatly appreciated.

    He can just buy a wireless access point (WAP) and attach it to the
    router. It would probably be sensible to buy the same brand (Netgear)
    WAP so the default network address will be the same subnet. You don't
    mention how many computers he has, but even 4 or 5 should have no
    problem connecting wirelessly with the WAP.

    He won't change any of the settings on the wired router; he'll just set
    up the WAP to have a non-default SSID and use encryption.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers