router->wireless bridge->router problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mike Hatts, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Mike Hatts

    Mike Hatts Guest

    Hi to all,

    I'm having troubles by connecting two routers via a wireless link.

    There is a 2610 connected to an AP352 na a 3620 connected to a WGB352

    The link is good but the performance is poor.

    The sh arp return a huge output. If i switch proxy-arp off clients on
    the 3620 cannot surf.

    Any help is welcome

    Thanks

    Mike

    Mike Hatts, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Mike Hatts

    Uli Link Guest

    > I'm having troubles by connecting two routers via a wireless link.
    >
    > There is a 2610 connected to an AP352 na a 3620 connected to a WGB352
    >
    > The link is good but the performance is poor.

    You can expect a maximum of about 600 kBytes/s.
    If you required CKIP+CMIC the throughput will drop down to 350 to 400
    kB/s because of the weak CPU in the WGB.
    The WGB only does 10MBit/Half-Duplex.

    > The sh arp return a huge output. If i switch proxy-arp off clients on
    > the 3620 cannot surf.

    The WGB is limited to bridge no more than 8 Ethernet addresses. If you
    are routing and not bridging this should not be a problem, as the WGB
    only sees the AP352 wireless and the 3620's interface.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Jun 9, 2005