    access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    Cheers.

    JayJay, Oct 15, 2009

  2. JayJay

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    >access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    >setup, and not too expensive would be great.
    >
    >Cheers.

    http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad7972d00310eca2744c0a87f3b06b6/Product/View/XH9949

    4 port at $69.98

    Or a whole bunch of choices on TradeMe:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...type=Search&sort_order=&redirectFromAll=False

    Donchano, Oct 15, 2009

  3. JayJay

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    > access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    > setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    I've used the D-link DIR 300 (or 320 if you want a print-server too) -
    with great sucess - easy to setup and config for sure.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Oct 15, 2009
  4. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:26:27 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    >> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    >> setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    > I've used the D-link DIR 300 (or 320 if you want a print-server too) -
    > with great sucess - easy to setup and config for sure.

    Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    which one seems the easiest to setup.

    Cheers.

    JayJay, Oct 16, 2009
  5. JayJay

    Max Burke Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    >> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    >> setup, and not too expensive would be great.
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    > http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad7972d00310eca2744c0a87f3b06b6/Product/View/XH9949
    >
    > 4 port at $69.98

    Wont work.
    He's wanting a router that works on Telstra Clear CABLE. (not ADSL)

    I did what he's wanting to do three weeks ago, link two computers to
    allow internet access on Telstra Clear cabe.

    Got this one:
    D-Link DIS-300
    http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=D-...9c88c273fc0a87f3b074d&submit.x=30&submit.y=13

    Had it on special at the time, $99.00 (now $129.00)
    Could pay to shop around knowing DSE prices.

    I recomend it as a small basic home network router.

    Easy to set up and configure, when you read the manual, and online help
    screens and and saves you having to ask silly questions in newsgroups on
    how to turn things on and off...

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Oct 16, 2009
  6. JayJay

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <1wdkp1e89yd84$>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:26:27 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    > >> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    > >> setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    > > I've used the D-link DIR 300 (or 320 if you want a print-server too) -
    > > with great sucess - easy to setup and config for sure.

    > Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    > the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    > decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    > which one seems the easiest to setup.

    I should add, that Grant @ Tastech told me all the Telstrclear techs buy
    the DIR 300/320's too.

    I've installed about 15 of them - never had a problem. Easy as pie to
    setup.

    There's a wee 'trick'...

    Set 'em up: Cable modem => D-link DIR300 => PC

    1. Cycle the power on the cablemodem - Unplug the power to the cable
    modem, wait 10 secs, plug back in. Wait one minute for it to boot up.

    2. Now do the same w' the DIR300 or 320. It will now pickup the MAC
    from the cablemodem (it *may* *not* do that otherwise).

    Run the DIR300 wiz - yer done!

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Oct 16, 2009
  7. JayJay

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    says...
    > In article <1wdkp1e89yd84$>,
    > says...
    > > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:26:27 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article <>,
    > > > says...
    > > >
    > > > I've used the D-link DIR 300 (or 320 if you want a print-server too) -
    > > > with great sucess - easy to setup and config for sure.

    > > Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    > > the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    > > decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    > > which one seems the easiest to setup.

    > I should add, that Grant @ Tastech told me all the Telstrclear techs buy
    > the DIR 300/320's too.
    >
    > I've installed about 15 of them - never had a problem. Easy as pie to
    > setup.
    >
    > There's a wee 'trick'...
    >
    > Set 'em up: Cable modem => D-link DIR300 => PC
    >
    > 1. Cycle the power on the cablemodem - Unplug the power to the cable
    > modem, wait 10 secs, plug back in. Wait one minute for it to boot up.
    >
    > 2. Now do the same w' the DIR300 or 320. It will now pickup the MAC
    > from the cablemodem (it *may* *not* do that otherwise).
    >
    > Run the DIR300 wiz - yer done!

    Oh yeah (doesn't seem to affect anything, but), but turn off DHCP on the
    cablemodem (as your DIR300 will be doing DHCP now).

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Oct 16, 2009
  8. JayJay

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:48:35 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> In article <1wdkp1e89yd84$>,
    >> says...

    >> > Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    >> > the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    >> > decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    >> > which one seems the easiest to setup.

    >> I should add, that Grant @ Tastech told me all the Telstrclear techs buy
    >> the DIR 300/320's too.
    >>
    >> I've installed about 15 of them - never had a problem. Easy as pie to
    >> setup.
    >>
    >> There's a wee 'trick'...
    >>
    >> Set 'em up: Cable modem => D-link DIR300 => PC
    >>
    >> 1. Cycle the power on the cablemodem - Unplug the power to the cable
    >> modem, wait 10 secs, plug back in. Wait one minute for it to boot up.
    >>
    >> 2. Now do the same w' the DIR300 or 320. It will now pickup the MAC
    >> from the cablemodem (it *may* *not* do that otherwise).
    >>
    >> Run the DIR300 wiz - yer done!

    >Oh yeah (doesn't seem to affect anything, but), but turn off DHCP on the
    >cablemodem (as your DIR300 will be doing DHCP now).

    Why pay such high price

    Ascent has them for $79.13

    PP at $84

    Or this Level One 108Mbbs

    for $95

    http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=130305

    Mary Hanna, Oct 16, 2009
  9. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:46:33 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

    > In article <1wdkp1e89yd84$>,
    > says...
    >> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:26:27 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <>,
    >>> says...
    >>>
    >>> I've used the D-link DIR 300 (or 320 if you want a print-server too) -
    >>> with great sucess - easy to setup and config for sure.

    >> Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    >> the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    >> decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    >> which one seems the easiest to setup.

    > I should add, that Grant @ Tastech told me all the Telstrclear techs buy
    > the DIR 300/320's too.

    Nice to know.

    > I've installed about 15 of them - never had a problem. Easy as pie to
    > setup.
    >
    > There's a wee 'trick'...
    >
    > Set 'em up: Cable modem => D-link DIR300 => PC
    >
    > 1. Cycle the power on the cablemodem - Unplug the power to the cable
    > modem, wait 10 secs, plug back in. Wait one minute for it to boot up.
    >
    > 2. Now do the same w' the DIR300 or 320. It will now pickup the MAC
    > from the cablemodem (it *may* *not* do that otherwise).
    >
    > Run the DIR300 wiz - yer done!

    Had a quick run though of the manual and it seems all clear and easy
    to setup, thanks.

    JayJay, Oct 16, 2009
  10. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:48:35 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

    > In article <-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> In article <1wdkp1e89yd84$>,
    >> says...

    >>> Thanks to both Donchano and Dave. I've downloaded the manual for both
    >>> the units and will spend a little time reading before making a
    >>> decision. Both are reasonably priced so it's just a matter to see
    >>> which one seems the easiest to setup.

    >> I should add, that Grant @ Tastech told me all the Telstrclear techs buy
    >> the DIR 300/320's too.
    >>
    >> I've installed about 15 of them - never had a problem. Easy as pie to
    >> setup.
    >>
    >> There's a wee 'trick'...
    >>
    >> Set 'em up: Cable modem => D-link DIR300 => PC
    >>
    >> 1. Cycle the power on the cablemodem - Unplug the power to the cable
    >> modem, wait 10 secs, plug back in. Wait one minute for it to boot up.
    >>
    >> 2. Now do the same w' the DIR300 or 320. It will now pickup the MAC
    >> from the cablemodem (it *may* *not* do that otherwise).
    >>
    >> Run the DIR300 wiz - yer done!

    > Oh yeah (doesn't seem to affect anything, but), but turn off DHCP on the
    > cablemodem (as your DIR300 will be doing DHCP now).

    I made a copy of your postings and will keep them for reference,
    thanks.

    JayJay, Oct 16, 2009
  11. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:17:12 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > Donchano wrote:
    >> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >>
    >>> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    >>> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    >>> setup, and not too expensive would be great.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers.

    >> http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad7972d00310eca2744c0a87f3b06b6/Product/View/XH9949
    >>
    >> 4 port at $69.98

    > Wont work.
    > He's wanting a router that works on Telstra Clear CABLE. (not ADSL)
    >
    > I did what he's wanting to do three weeks ago, link two computers to
    > allow internet access on Telstra Clear cabe.
    >
    > Got this one:
    > D-Link DIS-300
    > http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=D-...9c88c273fc0a87f3b074d&submit.x=30&submit.y=13
    >
    > Had it on special at the time, $99.00 (now $129.00)
    > Could pay to shop around knowing DSE prices.

    Price Spy has the lowest price at $58 but I'll go with Paradigm at
    $73.

    > I recomend it as a small basic home network router.
    >
    > Easy to set up and configure, when you read the manual, and online help
    > screens and and saves you having to ask silly questions in newsgroups on
    > how to turn things on and off...

    I've read the manual and it seems easy enough to set up, thanks.

    JayJay, Oct 16, 2009
  12. JayJay

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Oct 16, 2009
  13. JayJay

    thingy Guest

    On Oct 16, 10:49 am, Donchano <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    > >Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    > >access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    > >setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    > >Cheers.

    > http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad7972d00310eca2744c0a87f3b06b6/Produc...
    >
    > 4 port at $69.98
    >
    > Or a whole bunch of choices on TradeMe:
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?&searchType=0002-0....

    The top one you show is a adsl modem, he has a CABLE modem, so he
    needs a router behind that..

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Oct 16, 2009
  14. JayJay

    thingy Guest

    On Oct 16, 4:17 pm, Max Burke <> wrote:
    > Donchano wrote:
    > > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:34:00 +1300, JayJay <>
    > > shouted from the highest rooftop:

    > >> Anyone recommend a router to connect two (2) home computers to allow
    > >> access to the internet via Telstraclear cable. Simple installation and
    > >> setup, and not too expensive would be great.

    > >> Cheers.

    > >http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4ad7972d00310eca2744c0a87f3b06b6/Produc...

    > > 4 port at $69.98

    > Wont work.
    > He's wanting a router that works on Telstra Clear CABLE.  (not ADSL)
    >
    > I did what he's wanting to do three weeks ago, link two computers to
    > allow internet access on Telstra Clear cabe.
    >
    > Got this one:
    > D-Link DIS-300http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=D-Link+ROuter+Dir-300&sessionid=4ad7...
    >
    > Had it on special at the time, $99.00 (now $129.00)
    > Could pay to shop around knowing DSE prices.
    >
    > I recomend it as a small basic home network router.
    >
    > Easy to set up and configure, when you read the manual, and online help
    > screens and and saves you having to ask silly questions in newsgroups on
    > how to turn things on and off...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Replace the obvious with paradise.net to email me
    > Found Imageshttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke

    Interesting....Im looking for one for my dad and that didnt turn up
    while looking on DSE....their N one did as did their own brand...

    Ive shopped around a bit and the DSE price isnt that bad...

    regards

    thingy, Oct 16, 2009