    the computers on each router can connect to each other but do not recognize the computers on the other router. the network setting match exactly on all the computers and they all connect to the internet just fine.
    is there anyway to make the computers all connect on the same network.
    thanks in advance for your help.

    edwardsmichael, Oct 11, 2009

  2. edwardsmichael

    chuckbudreau

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    I'm not sure why you are using a router to connect these computers... instead of a switch?

    --chuck

    chuckbudreau, Oct 15, 2009

  3. edwardsmichael

    L8ians

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    If you want the computers on both the router to be on the same network.
    step 1)disable the dhcp in the second router.
    step 2)make sure the ip address of the second router is in the same network as the router 1
    step 3)connect a cable from lan of router 1 to lan of router 2.
    here the router 2 will act as a switch.

    Then all the computers on both the router should be able to communicate.

    L8ians, Oct 17, 2009
  4. edwardsmichael

    edwardsmichael

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    i am using a router because that is what i had sitting around and am trying not to buy any new hardware. eventually i think i will just make all the computers wireless.

    thanks L8ians i will try that and see if i can get it to work.

    edwardsmichael, Oct 21, 2009
  5. edwardsmichael

    chuckbudreau

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    Saving money I can understand....
    L8ians' solution should work. He's basically having you use the switches built into the routers.

    all the best,

    --chuck

    chuckbudreau, Oct 21, 2009
  6. edwardsmichael

    edwardsmichael

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    I got it to work. Thanks again for your help.

    edwardsmichael, Oct 31, 2009
  7. edwardsmichael

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida

    Nice trick. I was thinking the same.

    How did the user finally fix the problem?

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com

    MarkSatterfield, Jan 31, 2010
  9. edwardsmichael

    jettlee1

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2010
    Messages:
    13
    your computer roture is not working.

    jettlee1, Apr 29, 2010
  10. edwardsmichael

    plus2plus

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Now working fine.

    plus2plus, Apr 29, 2010
  11. edwardsmichael

    jettlee1

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2010
    Messages:
    13
    so what is the condition.

    jettlee1, May 3, 2010
  12. edwardsmichael

    namratasnv

    Joined:
    May 4, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    These steps will be very helpful for all the computers to better communication as this is required to be done properly.

    Thanks

    namratasnv, May 6, 2010