    2/3 of the year we cannot see each others home. also if I use the routers
    will using firmware that allows me to boost the xmit power be of any help?
    mike
    Michael Bauer, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Michael Bauer

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    Two Routers can not talk one to the other unless they are WDS Routers (The Linksys as
    is, is not WDS). http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    220 yards needs directional Antennae and Clear line of sight.
    You need to be able to install directional Antennae on the two devices, and place them
    above the tree line.

    More here.

    Extending Distance: - http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging