    router from port1 to the ethernet port in the cable modem but cannot access
    the web manager.I was on hold for 25 minuted to support before finally
    getting through. So if anyone here can help me i would be most grateful.

    Bulld0g, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Bulld0g

    Isaac Guest

    Maybe you have to change the ipaddress of your own system.
    Try 192,168.0.2 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0

    Isaac

    Isaac, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    "Isaac" <-> wrote in message news:...

    > Maybe you have to change the ipaddress of your own system.
    > Try 192,168.0.2 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0

    No can't connect

    Bulld0g, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Bulld0g

    Mike L Guest

    What is your current ip address ? Can u ping 192.168.0.1 ? What does your
    manual (dlink) say the default ip address is ? IS your computer setup to
    obtain an ip address automatically ? If so release your ip address ..turn of
    your computer unplug the cable modem and the router turn the cable modem
    back on wait till the cable light is solid turn the router on then the pc
    then try again...

    Mike L, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    > What's the model number / part code rather than the name only?

    Wireless Adsl Router dsl 604+ It is an adsl modem with a built in
    router,which acording to support can be connected to a cable modem and used
    only as a router.

    Bulld0g, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Bulld0g

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:49:46 +0100, Bulld0g wrote:

    >> What's the model number / part code rather than the name only?
    >>

    >Wireless Adsl Router dsl 604+ It is an adsl modem with a built in

    http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/dsl604plus.asp

    Don't have one of those.

    >router,which acording to support can be connected to a cable modem and used
    >only as a router.

    That was the DLink support? BY don't tend to offer networking advice as
    it's not supported. This type of combination may work for other ISPs.

    On the 604+ you bought, the incoming 'from the ISP' connection is ADSL
    telephone style connection. BY don't use that.

    Think of the setup like this -
    ISP connection is usually called the WAN port.
    Your PCs are the 1 to 4 LAN ports.
    You need to have a WAN port that is compatiable with your ISP
    connection.

    BY is cable broadband using Ethernet/USB. Going by your 1st post you
    want to connect the BY cable modem to the 604+ then go wireless.

    What you *can't do* is plug the CM into one of the 4 10/100 LAN ports.
    The same applies to similar question asked by BY'ers using switches
    (which is what you appear to be doing)/ hubs for the same thing for many
    years. USB may be different my CM is an old style 3100 Ethernet only.

    The way BY works, the CM needs to see a single device be it a NIC / WAN
    port on a router like Di-604
    http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/di604.asp.

    Without considering the BY connection, what you could do is more as
    'support' described....

    PC ----- wired to --[604+] - - - - Wireless

    It would then act as a router between the 2 systems. If you wanted BY
    added to this , something more is required like

    As above, but PC has 2 NICs,

    PC ----- NIC1 ---- wired to 604+
    PC ----- NIC2 -----connected to CM.

    The PC runs some connection sharing software, so in effect it's a router
    which defeats the purpose of the exercise. If you had a Wireless Access
    point on NIC1 above instead of the router you would have your wireless.

    This setup also works, the RT314 Broadband 4 port router. It's an old
    model but others work the same.

    CM (Ethernet) --- [Ethernet WAN port - RT314]
    RT314 --- wired PC port1
    RT314 --- Wireless Access Point port 2
    Wireless PC

    On the above all PCs are on the same network.

    Or even this mad setup with 2 routers works,

    CM (Ethernet) --- [Ethernet WAN port - RT314]
    RT314 --- port1 -- wired PC.
    RT314 --- port2 -- Ethernet uplink to [Ethernet WAN port - Wireless
    Router]
    Wireless PC

    In this case there are 2 networks RT314 settings and the wireless
    router. BY is visible from both networks.

    Did you confirm / check in the BY newsgroup this model does work?
    blueyonder.users.self-help.networking

    I just downloaded the manual for this the 604+,
    ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-604 /dsl604 _man.zip
    on page 14 of 67 Rear Panel Connections, there is not an Ethernet WAN
    port.

    Whereas in a Di-604 manual
    ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/di_broadband_gateways/di-604_rev_bx/di-604_rev b_man_v070902.zip
    page 2 of 67.
    WAN port, This is the connection for the Ethernet Cable to Ethernet port
    on the Cable or DSL modem.

    Me

    why?, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Bulld0g

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:59:29 GMT, why? wrote:

    >On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:49:46 +0100, Bulld0g wrote:
    >

    >>> What's the model number / part code rather than the name only?
    >>>

    >>Wireless Adsl Router dsl 604+ It is an adsl modem with a built in

    <snip>

    >Did you confirm / check in the BY newsgroup this model does work?
    >blueyonder.users.self-help.networking

    I see now you have and someone else also said won't work if it's ADSL
    WAN only. As to connecting the CM to the LAN side ports see the thread
    just aboue your post -
    Newsgroups: blueyonder.users.self-help.networking
    Subject: XP box and Linux box thorugh a 3com hub

    As mentioned earlier, you can't connect via a switch/hub directly.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Bulld0g

    liaitaly

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    i want to protect my modem router with a password. how can i do?

    liaitaly, Apr 8, 2010