    frquently the pings then climb again shortly after.

    Any clues? I'm guessing the cable between the router and modem is ok
    otherwise the problem would be more consistent...wouldnt it?
    =?Utf-8?B?a3VqdQ==?=, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Quick update - the problem is in fact between the access point hub and the
    modem. I thought it was called a router....hmmm...maybe this explains why im
    struggling with it? :eek:)

    =?Utf-8?B?a3VqdQ==?=, Aug 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a3VqdQ==?=

    N. Miller Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:15:02 -0700, kuju wrote:

    > "kuju" wrote:

    >> Hi all
    >> I've posted here about this before but the post seems to have dissappeared!!
    >> Basically..the problem is this:
    >> I have an actiotec wireless router connected to a surfboard cable modem. We
    >> have 4 pc's on the wireless network. All worked fine until recently..now the
    >> ping times between the router and the modem have gone haywire. Using PIng
    >> Plotter i can see the connection from my pc to the router is fine (average
    >> ping = 3) anf rom the modem on wards the ping dont climb much. However
    >> BETWEEN the router and the modem the pings can vary between 10 and 1200 and
    >> there seems to be no consistenvcy about it.
    >> Its not other wireless devices and its not other people on the network, i've
    >> checked both of these. The pings seem fine in the morning but after that they
    >> start to climb.
    >> Resetting the router helps sometimes and everythnig goes back to normal but
    >> frquently the pings then climb again shortly after.
    >>
    >> Any clues? I'm guessing the cable between the router and modem is ok
    >> otherwise the problem would be more consistent...wouldnt it?

    > Quick update - the problem is in fact between the access point hub and the
    > modem. I thought it was called a router....hmmm...maybe this explains why im
    > struggling with it? :eek:)

    Could you post a tracert to "www.microsoft.com"? I am just trying to
    understand your connection. I have a DSL modem connected to a router; but
    the DSL modem is acting as a bridge, and my first hop of a tracert shows up
    as a router on my ISP's network. Some SOHO routers show up first, as the
    gateway to that LAN, with the ISP's router on the second hop. Some
    first/second hop IP addresses on cable networks are actually the CMT, so
    your ISP's router may show up on the second/third hop.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    N. Miller, Aug 12, 2005
  4. Er...ooookkk...whats a tracert? I googled it and got the website up..andthen
    got lost!

    =?Utf-8?B?a3VqdQ==?=, Aug 12, 2005