    this command that are helping me at this point. On the surface, this
    command seems to be doing nothing. Any clue?

    Chris...

    bluefish, Jan 7, 2005

  2. bluefish

    rave Guest

    there is no command as router static in any IOS version. you dont mean
    route static i guess.

    rave, Jan 8, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    rave <> wrote:
    :there is no command as router static in any IOS version. you dont mean
    :route static i guess.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12225se/3550scg/swuncli.htm

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/1219ea1/3550scg/swuncli.pdf

    http://www.okena.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f6169.html

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12114ea1/3750scg/swuncli.pdf

    http://www.ciscosystems.cd/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12111ea1/3550scg/swuncli.htm

    All are links that specifically say that in particular IOS releases,
    the global configuration command 'router static' is not supported.

    It would be a bit odd to specifically say that a command was not
    supported if the command didn't exist.

    This page,

    http://www.jikime.co.kr/bbs/view.html?id=41&code=mini&start=80

    shows an example of it's use on a Cisco 7000. The page is, though,
    in Korean so it isn't clear to me what exactly the command is to do.
    --
    Oh, to be a Blobel!

    Walter Roberson, Jan 8, 2005
  4. bluefish

    Hansang Bae Guest

    On 8 Jan 2005 00:50:32 GMT, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
    Roberson) wrote:
    [snip]
    >This page,
    >
    >http://www.jikime.co.kr/bbs/view.html?id=41&code=mini&start=80
    >
    >shows an example of it's use on a Cisco 7000. The page is, though,
    >in Korean so it isn't clear to me what exactly the command is to do.

    It just says that it enable static routing and that's about it.

    So I'm assuming this was used to configure static routes much like
    "router ospf" or "router eigrp"

    I don't know that I've ever used it.

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 8, 2005