    Everything works fine except opening mail or news is terribly slow. Am on
    cable and all used to be fine.
    any ideas??

    Bones, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Bones

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:38:41 GMT, "Bones" <vgovan @ rogers.dot.com> wrote:
    >I have installed a SMC router on 2 computers, one running XP the other 98SE.
    >Everything works fine except opening mail or news is terribly slow. Am on
    >cable and all used to be fine.
    >any ideas??

    It could be an MTU issue.
    Try http://www.dslreports.com/, click "Our Tools", and take the tweak test.

    You can use their "DrTCP" to adjust the MTU.
    http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Routers don't slow things down unless misconfugured.

    BananaPannaPoe, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Bones

    Ryan Garvey Guest

    U prob only have a 10 router so it will slow things down if u upgrade to a
    router that seeks upto 100 it will work a lot better...

    Ryan Garvey, Jul 23, 2003