    connect to my computer? Could I turn this old box into a speedy
    network connection, or am I just wasting my time? I would have great
    respect for anyone who can figure this out.

    MisterNetworking, Sep 21, 2009

  2. HI
    When Wireless Router can work this way, it is called being configured to
    work in Client Mode, or set as a Workgroup Bridge.
    More here, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Very few Routers can be configured this way as is, and they are usually
    expensive.
    Some Routers can be Flashed with free 3rd party Firmware that allows such
    configuration.
    Example, this Router, Asus WL-520GU -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320023
    With this Firmware,