    internally for a few milliseconds, or...?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Aug 2, 2009

  2. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Let's say I have a single broadband account with a single modem (from
    > the provider), and two PC's wirelessly hooked into the Router.

    Each has a translated address, such as 192.168.1.145 and 192.168.1.156

    > If both PC's call for something, or try to send an e-mail, "absolutely
    > simultaneously", what happens ?
    >
    > Does the Router determine priority, and just store the second requent
    > internally for a few milliseconds, or...?

    The router can handle the bit traffic of packets properly.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 2, 2009

  3. Robert11

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 07:54:58 -0400, Robert11 wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Just curious about how a typical home networked Router handles this.
    >
    >Let's say I have a single broadband account with a single modem (from the
    >provider), and two
    >PC's wirelessly hooked into the Router.
    >
    >If both PC's call for something, or try to send an e-mail, "absolutely
    >simultaneously", what happens ?

    It's very unlikely to be an "absolutely simultaneously" request.

    Each PC has a NAT address, unique source to the requests are seperate in
    that respect. A SOHO router with a 200MHz CPU is likely to easy handly
    the tiny time difference non simultaneous requests easily.

    >Does the Router determine priority, and just store the second requent
    >internally for a few milliseconds, or...?

    Otherwise, yes there are many different thing that come into play,
    TCP/IP sequence reordering, retransmission , store/forward , overflow
    drop packets, queue buffers.

    Basic Cisco paper,
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk831/technologies_white_paper09186a00800a62d9.shtml
    or shorter
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/bco5

    Covers
    Introduction
    Process Switching
    Interrupt Context Switching
    Fast Switching
    Optimum Switching
    Cisco Express Forwarding

    Me

    why?, Aug 2, 2009
  4. Robert11 <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h53v8o$u88$-september.org>:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Just curious about how a typical home networked Router handles this.
    >
    > Let's say I have a single broadband account with a single modem (from

    the
    > provider), and two
    > PC's wirelessly hooked into the Router.
    >
    > If both PC's call for something, or try to send an e-mail,

    "absolutely
    > simultaneously", what happens ?
    >
    > Does the Router determine priority, and just store the second requent
    > internally for a few milliseconds, or...?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    WHO TOLD YOU TO SET UP A TOLKEN RING NETWORK?!?!?!?!?!?

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 2, 2009
  5. Robert11

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:12:47 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Evan Platt

    Clueless idiot.

    st00pid you really are.

    Just because you don't have a clue, don't try to insult someone else.

    My pinky finger has more intelligence than you have, you stupid inbred
    truck driving moron.

    Evan Platt, Aug 2, 2009
  6. Robert11

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:27:27 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Now come on boy, you can do better than that.

    LOL.. I don't need to. Everyone here knows how big of a dumbass you
    are.

    Evan Platt, Aug 2, 2009