router problems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by vedran, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. vedran

    vedran Guest

    Hi,

    I have problem with Cisco 2600.Once a day it crashes, and after reboot, it
    functions normaly until the next day.
    From output of sh interfaces, it can be seen that input errors and CRC are
    very high (449514 input errors, 449514 CRC).
    I have replaced router and switch, but problem still persists.
    Has anyone encountered such a problem?

    This is the output from sh interfaces:
    FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is AmdFE, address is 0006.d727.2960 (bia 0006.d727.2960)
    Internet address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 2/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, 100BaseTX/FX
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
    30 second input rate 243000 bits/sec, 132 packets/sec
    30 second output rate 1022000 bits/sec, 159 packets/sec
    34811255 packets input, 3820136252 bytes
    449514 input errors, 449514 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
    0 watchdog
    25492960 packets output, 952003272 bytes, 0 underruns(0/0/0)
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

    thanks in advance,
    Vedran

    vedran, Dec 11, 2003

  2. In article <bra05h$eu9$>, vedran <> wrote:
    :I have problem with Cisco 2600.Once a day it crashes, and after reboot, it
    :functions normaly until the next day.
    :From output of sh interfaces, it can be seen that input errors and CRC are
    :very high (449514 input errors, 449514 CRC).
    :I have replaced router and switch, but problem still persists.
    :Has anyone encountered such a problem?

    That certainly is a high number of errors!

    I notice the router is full duplex. Is it possible that you have
    a duplex mismatch with the device on the other end of
    FastEthernet0/0 ? Do you have both ends hard-wired to 100/full ?
    --
    Most Windows users will run any old attachment you send them, so if
    you want to implicate someone you can just send them a Trojan

    Walter Roberson, Dec 11, 2003

  3. vedran

    vedran Guest

    Yes, I checked it again, and full duplex and 100Mbps are forced on both
    sides (switch and router).

    vedran, Dec 12, 2003