    i'm running Fat32. I hope this is enough info for you to help me out/give
    tips on how to make this work.

    Thanks, Reals
    Reals, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Reals

    voodoo Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:16:41 -0400, "Reals" <>
    wrote:

    >Hey guys, I have a problem with a couple of things, first of all, it's my
    >gay router.

    Maybe you should try a heterosexual router.
    voodoo, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Reals

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:16:41 -0400, Reals wrote:

    >Hey guys, I have a problem with a couple of things, first of all, it's my
    >gay router. It's called a Pine, and i have no clue how to forward ports or
    >make anything work with it, ftp servers/web servers, ect. This router might
    >not be so gay if i knew how to use it. It has Trigger ports and stuff, it's

    One of these ones?
    <http://www.toolsearch.biz/hardware/rockler/Tools/Rocklers-Exclusive-Product-Line/Rockler-Router-Tables-and-Package-Options/Pine-Router-Table-Leg-Set.html>

    >a pretty different thing.My second Question is can i get file
    >sharing/printer charing to work with a XP home and a winows 98 Machine?.
    >There both on the same network on the same group, i allso have a firewall
    >but it's set up to allow access(i have tried disabling it). My Friend got it

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/
    and details

    http://www.wown.com/
    and details
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpsimsh.htm
    By default, on computers running Windows XP Professional and not joined
    to a domain, all incoming network connections are forced to use the
    Guest account. This means that an incoming connection, even if a user
    name and password is provided, has only Guest-level access to the share.
    Because of this, either the Guest user account or the Everyone group
    (the only group to which the Guest account

    <snip>
    >for some reason i cant get it to work. I was reading on forms and stuff and
    >they say If you XP machine has NTFS( witch mine does, and allways have) The

    Load of crap, it's the network settings that enable the connection, and
    the local file system that works with whatever format the storage device
    is. The OS/file systems passes read/writes etc. back in a format the
    requesting OS/PC needs. If this didn't work, I would never have the
    ability to access files on a mixed Windows/Linux/UNIX setup.

    >98 computer wont be able to read the hard drive of the XP if the dirve is

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Reals

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Reals wrote:

    > Hey guys, I have a problem with a couple of things, first of all, it's my
    > gay router. It's called a Pine, and i have no clue how to forward ports or
    > make anything work with it, ftp servers/web servers, ect. This router might
    > not be so gay if i knew how to use it. It has Trigger ports and stuff, it's
    > a pretty different thing.My second Question is can i get file
    > sharing/printer charing to work with a XP home and a winows 98 Machine?.
    > There both on the same network on the same group, i allso have a firewall
    > but it's set up to allow access(i have tried disabling it). My Friend got it
    > to work before, so my win 98 se computer would see files on my XP machine
    > and the print is on my 98 computer so everything worked out fine, but know
    > for some reason i cant get it to work. I was reading on forms and stuff and
    > they say If you XP machine has NTFS( witch mine does, and allways have) The
    > 98 computer wont be able to read the hard drive of the XP if the dirve is
    > NTFS, Witch is wried becuase i got it to work before. Also on my 98 computer
    > i'm running Fat32. I hope this is enough info for you to help me out/give
    > tips on how to make this work.

    I can see the router sitting there thinking - "If this guy wasn't so gay
    he could figure out how to set me up"

    yugsdrawkcab, Sep 26, 2003