    instead of showing Router(config-router)#

    We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result :|

    Any ideas?
    Preston Gallwas, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Preston Gallwas

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    12.wa.us says...
    > We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
    > "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
    > instead of showing Router(config-router)#
    >
    > We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result :|
    >
    > Any ideas?

    What *exactly* does the router prompt look like?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Preston Gallwas

    Zoidberg Guest

    12.wa.us (Preston Gallwas) wrote in message news:<>...
    > We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
    > "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
    > instead of showing Router(config-router)#
    >
    > We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result :|
    >
    > Any ideas?

    just a shot in the dark - the device you are configuring - is it a
    switch ?
    If so, you want to make sure that it is running an EMI image - SMI
    will show this behaviour as it does not support OSPF

    cheers
    Klaus
    Zoidberg, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Preston Gallwas

    Gordon Smith Guest

    "Preston Gallwas" <12.wa.us> wrote in message
    > We're stumped here - at the global config prompt, when we enter
    > "router ospf 1" it simply returns us to the global config prompt,
    > instead of showing Router(config-router)#
    >
    > We're unable to start OSPF routing as a result :|
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Type sh ver and post the output....
    Have you turned on routing?
    conf t