    Visit my websites at
    www.justjents.co.uk
    www.recumbent.50megs.com
    geepeetee, Aug 9, 2006

  2. geepeetee

    Malke Guest

    geepeetee wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Just going through the process of gettting the hardware together for when
    > we get broadband.
    >
    > Unless a wireless router states it is a modem as well do i assume it hasnt
    > got this and i need a seperate one?

    Wireless routers are not modems. There are combination modem/routers like
    the 2Wire. So see what your ISP offers. Unless you get a combo like the
    2Wire, you will need your cable/dsl modem and then a wireless router.
    Here's a link with some good pictures to help you visualize the setup
    (naturally you don't need to buy Linksys - I just think this is a useful
    site for basic info).

    http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

    Malke
    --