    hi group
    I am sk . My problem I am using DSL Broadband connection.I fogett admin
    password. I am know reset admin passord plese help me
    santosh, Jan 16, 2011

  2. santosh

    VanguardLH Guest

    santosh wrote:

    > hi group
    > I am sk . My problem I am using DSL Broadband connection.I fogett admin
    > password. I am know reset admin passord plese help me

    Follow the instructions in the manual for the router. If you don't have
    the manual, search for one online by using the brand and model (which
    you chose to omit here) as the search criteria.

    Did you look at the router yet? I mean physically look at it. Does it
    have a "Reset" label on it somewhere? Might there be a tiny hole
    through which you push a straightened paper clip next to this label?
    VanguardLH, Jan 16, 2011

  3. santosh

    Paul Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:
    > santosh wrote:
    >
    >> hi group
    >> I am sk . My problem I am using DSL Broadband connection.I fogett admin
    >> password. I am know reset admin passord plese help me

    > Follow the instructions in the manual for the router. If you don't have
    > the manual, search for one online by using the brand and model (which
    > you chose to omit here) as the search criteria.
    >
    > Did you look at the router yet? I mean physically look at it. Does it
    > have a "Reset" label on it somewhere? Might there be a tiny hole
    > through which you push a straightened paper clip next to this label?

    You have to be careful with some of those things.

    On retail devices, you as the owner, know all the settings.
    Then, using the reset button, is worthwhile.

    On rental devices, they have multiple password levels.
    And they don't tell you what settings to use, at the
    Admin level. If you reset the modem, and blow away
    all the settings, yes, you're in the Admin account,
    but your device no longer works. The User level is
    brain dead. The Admin level has the critical stuff,
    but if you use the reset function, it'll all get
    wiped out. So on a rental device, it's "Catch 22".
    Pushing the reset on a rental, is not without its
    risks - it would only be worthwhile, if getting
    instructions from another hacker who was successful
    at doing it.

    Paul
    Paul, Jan 16, 2011
  4. "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > santosh wrote:
    >
    >> hi group
    >> I am sk . My problem I am using DSL Broadband connection.I fogett admin
    >> password. I am know reset admin passord plese help me

    SNIP SNIP

    > Did you look at the router yet? I mean physically look at it. Does it
    > have a "Reset" label on it somewhere? Might there be a tiny hole
    > through which you push a straightened paper clip next to this label?

    DON'T jump for the Reset button yet before you read the manual or speak with
    a customer service representative. On some models, pressing the Reset
    button resets everything - including all passwords and settings. I learned
    this the hard way.

    On some models, such as 2WIRE Gateway (purchased) with AT&T service I have,
    after pressing the reset button, I had to go through a lengthy phone call
    with customer service followed by checking my email to obtain the new
    passwords, and then had to set everything up all over again.

    When you get it fixed, for future safety I recommend you download a freeware
    Password protection program to store your system and Internet passwords. I
    use Password Keeper, and it's helped me keep up with all those accounts from
    on-line shopping, discussion groups, and system accounts. There are many
    others.

    If you're unfamiliar with freeware downloads, you can find lots of free
    programs at:

    www.freewarefiles.com

    Everyone has their own favorites. I have about 20 different sites I check
    when I'm looking for a specific type of program.
    James D Andrews, Jan 18, 2011
  5. santosh

    VanguardLH Guest

    James D Andrews wrote:

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> santosh wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi group
    >>> I am sk . My problem I am using DSL Broadband connection.I fogett admin
    >>> password. I am know reset admin passord plese help me

    > SNIP SNIP
    >
    >> Did you look at the router yet? I mean physically look at it. Does it
    >> have a "Reset" label on it somewhere? Might there be a tiny hole
    >> through which you push a straightened paper clip next to this label?

    > DON'T jump for the Reset button yet before you read the manual or speak with
    > a customer service representative. On some models, pressing the Reset
    > button resets everything - including all passwords and settings. I learned
    > this the hard way.

    Reset would revert the password to the factory-time value. That's why I
    mentioned finding the manual to find out just what is the factory-time
    value. On many routers, it doesn't matter what you use for a username
    (anything gets accepted) and it's only the password that is defined.

    > On some models, such as 2WIRE Gateway (purchased) with AT&T service I have,
    > after pressing the reset button, I had to go through a lengthy phone call
    > with customer service followed by checking my email to obtain the new
    > passwords, and then had to set everything up all over again.

    Note the OP only said router. Whether that includes support for VOIP
    and a battery is unknown. Whether it incorporates layers to separate
    admin and user functionality is unknown. The OP has yet to actually
    IDENTIFY his "router". Since santosh doesn't look to return to update
    his threads, we probably won't know what he did, if it worked, or what
    equipment he has.
    VanguardLH, Jan 18, 2011