    to our internal LAN (nat, qos). I think about 26xx or 28xx series, will it
    be enough?

    tia

    translatef, Mar 25, 2006

  2. translatef

    Merv Guest

    take a look at Cisco 3825

    Merv, Mar 25, 2006

  3. translatef

    Jamie Guest

    Jamie, Mar 26, 2006
  4. translatef

    Martin Latos Guest

    > What router models could you suggest for such architecture:
    > Internal network contains approx. 350 hosts, we have a single internet
    > connection
    > to our ISP, it's 10mbps ethernet. In near future we will upgrade it to
    > 20mbps.
    > I want set up two routers with DMZ between them, first of them wil be
    > directly
    > connected to our ISP (there will be some acls there, not many), second one
    > will be connected
    > to our internal LAN (nat, qos). I think about 26xx or 28xx series, will it
    > be enough?

    Why not a single 1812? It can handle 20mbps (AFAIK).

    If you want two routers I suggest 2811 for the extrenal router, or a pix ;]

    Martin Latos, Mar 26, 2006
  5. translatef

    Harv Ester Guest

    Martin Latos wrote:

    >> What router models could you suggest for such architecture:
    >> Internal network contains approx. 350 hosts, we have a single internet
    >> connection
    >> to our ISP, it's 10mbps ethernet. In near future we will upgrade it to
    >> 20mbps.
    >> I want set up two routers with DMZ between them, first of them wil be
    >> directly
    >> connected to our ISP (there will be some acls there, not many), second
    >> one will be connected
    >> to our internal LAN (nat, qos). I think about 26xx or 28xx series,
    >> will it be enough?

    > Why not a single 1812? It can handle 20mbps (AFAIK).

    20Mbps is very doable. Even applying the "Cisco filter" to Cisco's
    claimed throughput, a 2811 should be able to handle that.

    If you want 20Mbps through your NAT translation, and also want to
    survive an external DoS, then that may be a bit more of a challenge for
    the 2811. Be sure to have your upstream cap the traffic at 10Mbps or
    20Mbps; if you have compromisable systems inside, cap your LAN before it
    hits the router too. I doubt that the 2811 will stand-up to 250k new
    flows per second from your LAN.

    If you have an all-ethernet setup, and NAT plus filtering is all you
    need to do, you might consider using a pair of firewalls instead of
    routers. The kpps per dollar is higher, and quality firewalls have many
    router features, including fairly full routing protocols.

    Harv

    --
    please direct spam to:

    Harv Ester, Mar 26, 2006