    changing the mobo.
    Appreciate any advice.
    TIA
    BIGEYE, Oct 29, 2005

  2. BIGEYE

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 02:28:54 +0100, "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok>
    wrote:

    >I have a Zoom ADSL router with three pc's connected. When pc's 1 & 2 are
    >started up, the corresponding LED on the router comes on, and go off again
    >when the pc's are shut down.
    >However, the LED for pc 3 stays on all the time when it is on or off.
    >I have recently changed the mobo on pc 3, this problem started after
    >changing the mobo.
    >Appreciate any advice.

    Check in the BIOS of computer 3 - there may be a LAN option, i.e. wake
    on LAN. All this means is the computer is using a little power and
    keeping a lan connection alive and can wake up if the proper LAN
    connection is sent to itl
    Evan Platt, Oct 29, 2005

  3. BIGEYE

    Trax Guest

    "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote:

    |>I have a Zoom ADSL router with three pc's connected. When pc's 1 & 2 are
    |>started up, the corresponding LED on the router comes on, and go off again
    |>when the pc's are shut down.
    |>However, the LED for pc 3 stays on all the time when it is on or off.
    |>I have recently changed the mobo on pc 3, this problem started after
    |>changing the mobo.

    Go into your bios and disable any WAKE ON settings. See if that turns
    it off.

    --
    Got Maleware, Scam Spam? File a complaint.
    http://onguardonline.gov/filecomplaint.html
    Trax, Oct 29, 2005
  4. BIGEYE

    Mitch Guest

    In article <4362d054$0$23293$>, BIGEYE
    <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote:

    > I have a Zoom ADSL router with three pc's connected. When pc's 1 & 2 are
    > started up, the corresponding LED on the router comes on, and go off again
    > when the pc's are shut down.
    > However, the LED for pc 3 stays on all the time when it is on or off.
    > I have recently changed the mobo on pc 3, this problem started after
    > changing the mobo.
    > Appreciate any advice.
    > TIA

    What problem?
    You didn't mention anything that isn't working or anything that isn't
    happening.
    Mitch, Oct 29, 2005
  5. BIGEYE

    Trax Guest

    Mitch <> wrote:

    |>In article <4362d054$0$23293$>, BIGEYE
    |><address@is[invalid].ok> wrote:
    |>
    |>> I have a Zoom ADSL router with three pc's connected. When pc's 1 & 2 are
    |>> started up, the corresponding LED on the router comes on, and go off again
    |>> when the pc's are shut down.
    |>> However, the LED for pc 3 stays on all the time when it is on or off.
    |>> I have recently changed the mobo on pc 3, this problem started after
    |>> changing the mobo.
    |>> Appreciate any advice.
    |>> TIA

    |>What problem?
    |>You didn't mention anything that isn't working or anything that isn't
    |>happening.

    s/he might not know it yet, but if anything access's that computer
    thru the router the computer will boot up if it's off. If the WAKE ON
    options are set.

    --
    Q - Why do computer geeks celebrate Halloween on Christmas?
    A - Because OCT 31 equals DEC 25.
    Trax, Oct 29, 2005
  6. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote:
    >
    > |>I have a Zoom ADSL router with three pc's connected. When pc's 1 & 2 are
    > |>started up, the corresponding LED on the router comes on, and go off
    > again
    > |>when the pc's are shut down.
    > |>However, the LED for pc 3 stays on all the time when it is on or off.
    > |>I have recently changed the mobo on pc 3, this problem started after
    > |>changing the mobo.
    >
    > Go into your bios and disable any WAKE ON settings. See if that turns
    > it off.
    >

    > --
    > Got Maleware, Scam Spam? File a complaint.
    > http://onguardonline.gov/filecomplaint.html

    There are no Wake On settings listed in the BIOS.
    The LED on the router goes off when I turn the power of to the machine, but
    not if I just shut it down.
    FWIW the mobo is an Abit KV7-V.
    BIGEYE, Oct 30, 2005
  7. BIGEYE

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:05:16 -0000, "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote:

    >"Trax" <> wrote in message

    >> again
    >>
    >> Go into your bios and disable any WAKE ON settings. See if that turns
    >> it off.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Got Maleware, Scam Spam? File a complaint.
    >> http://onguardonline.gov/filecomplaint.html

    >There are no Wake On settings listed in the BIOS.
    >The LED on the router goes off when I turn the power of to the machine, but
    >not if I just shut it down.

    That's a wake on lan function.

    >FWIW the mobo is an Abit KV7-V.

    Barry