Router lab connections

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Howard Huntley, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. I have a router LAB that I am using to complete my Cisco CERT. The
    rack consist of 7 2500 routers 2 switches and a Token Ring Mow. I have
    all the routers connected by Serial connections, each connection
    between the routers are a serial connection using a different IP
    network, as Listed below. My question is, would it be practical to
    put all the router serial connections on the same network, Giving each
    connection a different IP address?

    s0 192.168.1.1
    s1 192.168.16.2

    s0 192.168.9.1
    s1 192.168.1.2

    s0 192.168.4.4
    s1 192.168.9.2

    s0 192.168.13.1
    s1 192.168.4.2

    s0 192.168.14.1
    s1 192.168.13.2

    s0 192.168.12.2
    s1 192.168.14.2

    Howard Huntley, Feb 16, 2010

  2. Howard Huntley

    bod43 Guest

    On 16 Feb, 17:09, Howard Huntley <> wrote:
    > I have a router LAB that I am using to complete my Cisco CERT. The
    > rack consist of 7 2500 routers 2 switches and a Token Ring Mow.

    By the way, I doubt very much if token-ring is in *any*
    current Cisco exam. Of course you can to use it
    to build your network and learn about IP networking:)

    >  My question is, would it be practical to
    > put all the router serial connections on the same network,
    > giving each
    > connection a different IP address?

    I can't figure out what you are doing.

    Maybe if you amended the list to include the links it would
    likely be possible to figure it out.

    Please include the netmasks in either notation,
    whatever you find more convenient.

    e.g.

    R1-s0      192.168.1.1/30 <---> R3-s0 192.168.1.2/30

    bod43, Feb 16, 2010