    Hi everyone :yell: ,

    I am new to this forum and i need an help with all u guys. I have a cisco 2500 router and its showing like this "Router(boot)>" I don no what to do because i am unable to assign any ip address and can't do anything. How can i make it to "Router>" so that i can use for my configurations. Can anyone help with step by step as i am new to this. Please i am trying from so many days but no luck....:confused: please help.....

    thanks in advance......:D

    kunnu531, Nov 15, 2007

  2. kunnu531

    vthakur001

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    You can try by changing the hostname of the router

    conf t
    hostname ABCD

    it should change the Router(boot)>" prompt to new hostname ABCD>

    vthakur001, Nov 28, 2007

  3. kunnu531

    Lindy

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    type the following:
    enable

    your prompt should then be router#
    you can enter configuration commands from that point

    Lindy, Dec 10, 2007