    How do I configure this router to switchover to wireless broadband from a
    T-1 connection to serve 300 PC's? It's a 3800 Cisco router out of the box
    and want continuous connectivity.

    TJR, Sep 22, 2004

  2. TJR

    PES Guest

    "TJR" <> wrote in message
    news:cMi4d.16840$...
    > How do I configure this router to switchover to wireless broadband from a
    > T-1 connection to serve 300 PC's? It's a 3800 Cisco router out of the box
    > and want continuous connectivity.

    Set the router up with a higher administrative distance to the next hop on
    the wireless side.

    The question is where is the nat for each connection. If it is the 3800,
    you will have to policy nat on the next hop interface and give out the
    appropriate pool. If nat is being done at the ISP for one of the link,
    simply refrain from putting a "ip nat outside" statement on the associated
    interface. If both links use the same pool and then these steps are
    unnecessary. If they use different public IP's, all connections will be
    reset, but should be immediately re-establishable. If that is not
    acceptable, you will have to work with the isp(s) to come up with a way you
    can use a single ip range on both networks. If a single isp, any dynamic
    routing would likely be fine. If multiple isp's, bgp is required.

    PES, Sep 23, 2004

  3. TJR

    TJR Guest

    One ISP.

    Cisco Workgroup Bridges are NAT on AP to switch

    1 Public IP thus far
    as VPN

    Thanks.

    TJR, Sep 24, 2004