    --
    Vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias - except when the damn thing doesn't
    work!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVtYWxlZW5naW5lZXI=?=, Nov 8, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVtYWxlZW5naW5lZXI=?=

    Pepperoni Guest

    Yeah.... what router are you using? I ask because someone will be able to
    tell you exactly where to make the change.

    It sounds like you are set up with too narrow a range of IPs to be
    distributed. Perhaps the start and end IPs are xxx.10 and xxx.14, for
    example.

    On my D-Link, the page looks like this:
    http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/ipsetting.jpg

    You can see I only have allowed 11 DHCP distributions possible. Check your
    setup for a similar setting and widen to allowable IP range to allow more
    machines.

    OTOH.... there may be a different problem involved. This is my best quick
    guess.

    Pepperoni
    <<<<don't worry, I've changed my IP settings..... neener, neener>>>

    "femaleengineer" <> wrote in message
    > We have a wireless router in the house where there are two wireless

    laptops,
    > two wireless desktops and one desktop connected through LAN. The laptops

    are
    > suffering from the 'limited or no connectivity' problems mentioned in

    other
    > posts but the two wireless pcs are having no problems at all.
    >
    > One thing that keeps happening though is that when the laptop is plugged
    > into the router to try to directly acquire an IP address, the router seems

    > be assigning an address that was already in use by someone else. We have
    > only succeeded to have four people on the network at one time; the fifth

    is
    > always being kicked off.
    > I'm not so hot on this topic - does anybody have any suggestions as to

    what

    Pepperoni, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Hello Pepperoni,
    Thanks for that. We have a Belkin Modem/Router wireless 802.11g @ 54Mbps
    and our IP pool goes from .2 to .100 so no problems there that I can see.
    Strangely enough, the router doesn't like assigning the number 6 out to
    anyone. Just a small aside.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVtYWxlZW5naW5lZXI=?=, Nov 9, 2004