Router Faulty ? ?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Kevin Cole, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. Kevin Cole

    Kevin Cole Guest

    Hi All,

    Scenario.

    1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine no
    problems.
    2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
    problems.

    Problem.

    No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    laptop ?

    I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made changes
    to settings on router etc.

    I can't see where I am going wrong !

    All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !

    Please help.

    Thanks

    Kev
    Kevin Cole, Apr 28, 2007

  2. Kevin Cole

    Joan Archer Guest

    Have you checked your firewall to see if that is blocking it.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 28, 2007
  4. Kevin Cole

    Kevin Cole Guest

    > Hi
    > settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment
    > of each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    > Basic XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/filesharing.mspx
    > Advanced XP -
    > Printer Sharing XP -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Kevin Cole" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Scenario.
    >>
    >> 1. I have a desktop connected to adsl via a d-link wireless router. Fine
    >> no problems.
    >> 2. My wireless laptop can connect to router and browse web etc. Fine no
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> Problem.
    >>
    >> No matter what I try and do I can not get desktop to communicated with
    >> laptop ?
    >>
    >> I've tried all the network/wireless network options under xp. Made
    >> changes to settings on router etc.
    >>
    >> I can't see where I am going wrong !
    >>
    >> All i want to do is share my desktop hard drive and printer !
    >>
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Kev

    enabled print & file shae ok,

    i have norton fire wall on both machines, enabling the ip addresses through
    ?

    any ideas ?

    kev
    Kevin Cole, Apr 29, 2007