    (2877689386), Hw Revision: 0x102"
    PID: , VID: 0x102, SN: JAD04380RII (2877689386)

    version 12.3
    Chad Mahoney, Mar 19, 2007

  2. Chad Mahoney

    Guest

    On Mar 19, 12:28 pm, "Chad Mahoney" <> wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I have a Cisco 2600 series router that went down last night, upon
    > coming in this morning I was able to get consoled into the box, all
    > that is scrolling on the screen is :
    > 'unexpected AIM interrupt on AIM slot0'
    > I had 2 WIC cards in it and have since removed them a put them into
    > another router but I am curious on what this error means, I do not see
    > a lot of google.com history on it.
    >
    > aof-rtr-01# sh inventory
    > NAME: "2620 chassis", DESCR: "2620 chassis, Hw Serial#: JAD04380RII
    > (2877689386), Hw Revision: 0x102"
    > PID: , VID: 0x102, SN: JAD04380RII (2877689386)
    >
    > version 12.3

    The Advance Integration Module slot usually holds an encryption module
    for doing VPN. Either yours has died or just needs to be reseated.
    , Mar 19, 2007

  3. Chad Mahoney

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    On Mar 19, 4:09 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 12:28 pm, "Chad Mahoney" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Group,

    > > I have a Cisco 2600 series router that went down last night, upon
    > > coming in this morning I was able to get consoled into the box, all
    > > that is scrolling on the screen is :
    > > 'unexpected AIM interrupt on AIM slot0'
    > > I had 2 WIC cards in it and have since removed them a put them into
    > > another router but I am curious on what this error means, I do not see
    > > a lot of google.com history on it.

    > > aof-rtr-01# sh inventory
    > > NAME: "2620 chassis", DESCR: "2620 chassis, Hw Serial#: JAD04380RII
    > > (2877689386), Hw Revision: 0x102"
    > > PID: , VID: 0x102, SN: JAD04380RII (2877689386)

    > > version 12.3

    > The Advance Integration Module slot usually holds an encryption module
    > for doing VPN. Either yours has died or just needs to be reseated.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the reply.

    That is odd because the only cards in the router is 2 WIC's
    This is just an edge router, with no options installed.

    Very odd
    Chad Mahoney, Mar 19, 2007
  4. Chad Mahoney

    response3 Guest

    On Mar 19, 1:48 pm, "Chad Mahoney" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 4:09 pm, wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 19, 12:28 pm, "Chad Mahoney" <> wrote:

    > > > Hi Group,

    > > > I have a Cisco 2600 series router that went down last night, upon
    > > > coming in this morning I was able to get consoled into the box, all
    > > > that is scrolling on the screen is :
    > > > 'unexpected AIM interrupt on AIM slot0'
    > > > I had 2 WIC cards in it and have since removed them a put them into
    > > > another router but I am curious on what this error means, I do not see
    > > > a lot of google.com history on it.

    > > > aof-rtr-01# sh inventory
    > > > NAME: "2620 chassis", DESCR: "2620 chassis, Hw Serial#: JAD04380RII
    > > > (2877689386), Hw Revision: 0x102"
    > > > PID: , VID: 0x102, SN: JAD04380RII (2877689386)

    > > > version 12.3

    > > The Advance Integration Module slot usually holds an encryption module
    > > for doing VPN. Either yours has died or just needs to be reseated.- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > That is odd because the only cards in the router is 2 WIC's
    > This is just an edge router, with no options installed.
    >
    > Very odd

    The AIM cards are ususlly found under the lid, so it may not be
    obvious. Here's a diagram of it:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...is2600/hw_inst/aim_inst/aims_ins.htm#wp112019

    Brian
    response3, Mar 21, 2007
  5. Chad Mahoney

    Smokey Guest

    response3 wrote:

    > The AIM cards are ususlly found under the lid, so it may not be
    > obvious. Here's a diagram of it:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...is2600/hw_inst/aim_inst/aims_ins.htm#wp112019
    >
    > Brian

    Brian,

    Thanks for the link, it is weird cause there is no card or expansion on
    that slot, but I did use some compressed air and blew out the area,
    powered on the router and it is now booting normally.

    Very strange...I guess we will be using this router as a last resort
    need a backup router :)
    Smokey, Mar 21, 2007
  6. Chad Mahoney

    response3 Guest

    On Mar 21, 10:59 am, Smokey <> wrote:
    > response3wrote:
    >

    > > The AIM cards are ususlly found under the lid, so it may not be
    > > obvious. Here's a diagram of it:

    > >http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis260...

    > > Brian

    > Brian,
    >
    > Thanks for the link, it is weird cause there is no card or expansion on
    > that slot, but I did use some compressed air and blew out the area,
    > powered on the router and it is now booting normally.
    >
    > Very strange...I guess we will be using this router as a last resort
    > need a backup router :)

    Weird. You might be able to trade that in and get a new version at a
    reduced price. Cisco does trade-ins on EOL stuff sometimes.

    Brian
    response3, Mar 28, 2007