Router conectivity problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sid, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Sid

    Sid Guest

    Hi all,
    Someone I know contacted me with the following problem with a router:

    I got the DI-704P box today and hooked it up to my 3 computers, but there
    are major problems
    with this box. It takes a VERY long time to connect to it and it times out
    frequently.
    I tried pinging it from my 3 computers and it times out on 2 of the 4 pings
    on average.
    (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3).
    When I connect to it thru the IE browser, it takes 4 or 5 times as long to
    get in and frequently
    times out in the browser.

    Would this be a hardware problem with the router? Or would it be a
    configuration problem?

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks
    Sid, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Sid

    philo Guest

    "Sid" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Someone I know contacted me with the following problem with a router:
    >
    > I got the DI-704P box today and hooked it up to my 3 computers, but

    there
    > are major problems
    > with this box. It takes a VERY long time to connect to it and it times out
    > frequently.
    > I tried pinging it from my 3 computers and it times out on 2 of the 4

    pings
    > on average.
    > (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3).
    > When I connect to it thru the IE browser, it takes 4 or 5 times as long to
    > get in and frequently
    > times out in the browser.
    >
    > Would this be a hardware problem with the router? Or would it be a
    > configuration problem?
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    are all your machines using DHCP