    programmatinc/automatic way of doing it.

    Thanks.
    , Dec 6, 2004

  2. Erik Freitag Guest

    That would be "expect" - http://expect.nist.gov/
    Erik Freitag, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Cisco Fan Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there any programmatic way of accessing Cisco CLI for a router?

    Did you check whether you could query the required information via SNMP?
    That would be more reliable (and quicker) than using CLI functions ...

    -gg
    Cisco Fan, Dec 6, 2004
  4. In article <cp17fc$c5i$>, Cisco Fan <> wrote:
    :p wrote:
    :> Is there any programmatic way of accessing Cisco CLI for a router?

    :Did you check whether you could query the required information via SNMP?
    :That would be more reliable (and quicker) than using CLI functions ...

    Yes, this is the fourth time that paankam has asked essentially the
    same question, just phrased a little differently and with a bit
    different emphasis.

    paankam needs to get items such as ACLs, which mostly aren't available
    through SNMP. paankam was referred to 'expect' early on, but
    either doesn't trust my answers or else doesn't understand them.
    --
    Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
    fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire
    Walter Roberson, Dec 6, 2004