    half-duplex mode), while in full duplex-mode neither a ping works.

    Thanks in advance for your help

    , May 10, 2006

  2. Merv Guest

    > I also replaced the board, but the problem remains.

    If you replaced the port adpater with a known working adapter and the
    problem persists, it may indicate that the slot is damaged.

    Merv, May 10, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message

    > I am experiencing a problem with a Cisco Router 7204VXR with the
    > fastEthernet interface. The board is model
    >
    > PA-2FE-TX (FE2/0 and FE2/1): the FE2/1 seems to work correctly, while I
    > have problems with the FE2/0. After
    >
    > putting it up and as soon as a data traffic greater than a ping passes
    > through it, the interface becomes
    >
    > "frozen", still remaining up. Sometimes this fact causes problems also
    > to the other interface (FE2/1).
    > I also replaced the board, but the problem remains. I observed the
    > presence of a lot of collisions (in
    >
    > half-duplex mode), while in full duplex-mode neither a ping works.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help

    Whan events do you have in your log when this happens? Something should be
    recorded, and this should give you a clue, what's going on. Put more details
    in your post.

    Also, do you have Cisco support for your router? Why don't youcall TAC to
    help you with a troubleshooting?

    Good luck,

    Mike
    ----