    again. I have replaced the router but still no joy.
    Thanks in advance
    Motters

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Hi

    As far as my extensive experience goes using Windows Wireless Zero
    configuration works very well with Hardware that is fully compatible with
    Windows.

    However, Wireless involves most of the time Hardware and Drivers that are
    Not under Microsoft Control. If you follow carefully this Newsgroup you
    would notice that many questions are actually involve Wireless Routers,
    Access Points, Wireless Laptop, and other Wireless Devices (like the Camera
    that you mentioned) that are manufactured by others. Microsoft cannot
    "Force" these manufactures to provide full compatibility with its OS', or
    and to write Manual in clear organized way.

    If you would post a more technologically oriented question, like the make
    and Model of Camera, and what the Camera is connected too, and from where it
    is trying to obtain the IP address, might be that some one would able to
    help.

    As an Example, if your Camera comes configured with default IP that is Not
    of the same Subnet of your computer's Network it cannot acquire an address.
    Such a problem is Not Windows problem but rather knowing how to set a
    Network Hardware device.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\), Feb 24, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    Joan Archer Guest

    Jack where does he mention a camera in his post, I thought it was a Belkin
    router that he was having problems with.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Feb 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    Joan Archer Guest

    Have you tried setting it back to factory defaults and reconfiguring
    again.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Feb 24, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    James Gockel Guest

    I think it was an accidental reply to the wrong post.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 24, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    James Gockel Guest

    I think that would be the same as replacing the router with a new one. Which
    I think he needs to know what settings to set. He should call his ISP and
    get the information from them.

    James Gockel, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Hi Jack
    Thanks for your post. although I am a bit confused as I am having trouble
    with a router not a camera.

    Having just looked at the WZC service I notice that in the dependencies it
    gives a WMI Critical Error. I also notice that the DHCP client service is
    not started and will not start. I think this may have something to do with
    my router not working but I dont know where to go from here. Any ideas.
    Cheers
    Motters

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 24, 2006
  8. Hi
    Thank you for your replies. I have been in touch with the ISP and Belkin,
    and have got all the information I think I need. Unfortunately I dont know
    how to configure the router.

    Although the system sees the router and indicates it is wirking the IP
    address is all zeros. Trying to change this manually had no effect.

    I think the root cause of all this was a virus that has affected the system
    files somewhere but I dont know where to begin. Looking at the WZCSVC and
    some other services, when I look at dependencies it says "WMI Critical
    Error". Further, whatever has caused this has also got rid of all system
    restore points. Any ideas would be most welcome.
    Thanks again.
    Motters

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 25, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I am sorry my previous answer was meant for the post above this one.

    In any case, I am not sure what is wrong with your system, your description
    does not let me to determine whether the trouble is with the Wireless
    Router, the Wireless computer, or both.

    Viruses and the like usually do not attack Routers they attack Computers.

    If you have a computer connected to the Router with a Wire you might be able
    to determine whether it is the Router or the Wireless computer (
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wiredrouter ).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 25, 2006
  10. Hi Jack
    My computer ethernet card connects directly to the router with a cable and
    then to the phone socket.

    I have just run ipconfig /renew and the message was that the specified file
    could not be found.
    Cheers
    Motters

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 26, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 26, 2006
  12. Hi
    The DHCP Client service wont start with the mesage "The DHCP Client depends
    on the following nonexistent service SYMTDI" in the event viewer and the
    followin in the service dependancies ""The DHCP Client depends on the
    following nonexistent service SYMTDI"

    It would appear that at least one file or service has been corrupted or
    deleted. How can I resolve this.
    Thanks
    Motters

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 26, 2006
  13. Hi

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=, Feb 26, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TW90dGVycw==?=

    Lem Guest

    Motters wrote:
    > Hi
    > The DHCP Client service wont start with the mesage "The DHCP Client depends
    > on the following nonexistent service SYMTDI" in the event viewer and the
    > followin in the service dependancies ""The DHCP Client depends on the
    > following nonexistent service SYMTDI"
    >
    > It would appear that at least one file or service has been corrupted or
    > deleted. How can I resolve this.
    > Thanks
    > Motters
    >
    > "Motters" wrote:
    >

    >>"Motters" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi Jack
    >>>My computer ethernet card connects directly to the router with a cable and
    >>>then to the phone socket.
    >>>
    >>>I have just run ipconfig /renew and the message was that the specified file
    >>>could not be found. I think this is where the problem must lie but I dont know where to go from here.
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Motters

    Maybe these links will help (more fuel for the anti-Norton crowd):
    http://www-jerry.oit.duke.edu/pc/xp_dhcp_client_wont_start.html
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812335

    Lem, Feb 26, 2006