Router (Belkin) Constantly Losing Connectivity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bPstyles, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. bPstyles

    bPstyles Guest

    I have a problem that I am growing quite tired of. I have 3 boxes and a PS2
    hooked up to a standard 4-port Belkin Cable/DSL router (using cable).
    Randomly the router will just stop getting connectivity. It isn't the cable
    modem because if I unplug a eth cable from the router and go straight to the
    modem, I get throughput instantly (sometimes I have to disable/enable my
    connection).

    This happens on all 3 boxes simultaneously, so it isn't an OS or machine
    issue. I have checked all settings in the router and found nothing that
    could be causing this.

    Any ideas? Is it just a shit router? I am thinking about getting something
    substantial next time (maybe a Fortigate 50A) since I am going to add 2 more
    boxes, an Xbox, and maybe one day run some kind of server so the all-in-one
    features of the FG are great.

    I haven't called Belkin yet because I am not interested in being accused of
    user error right off the bat.

    Thanks.
    bPstyles, Oct 6, 2004

  2. bPstyles

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Belkin makes shit routers. I took mine back after about 2 hours of hell and
    got a linksys, I have been happy every since.

    pcbutts1, Oct 6, 2004

  3. bPstyles

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:41:57 GMT, "bPstyles"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a problem that I am growing quite tired of. I have 3 boxes and a PS2
    >hooked up to a standard 4-port Belkin Cable/DSL router (using cable).
    >Randomly the router will just stop getting connectivity. It isn't the cable
    >modem because if I unplug a eth cable from the router and go straight to the
    >modem, I get throughput instantly (sometimes I have to disable/enable my
    >connection).
    >
    >This happens on all 3 boxes simultaneously, so it isn't an OS or machine
    >issue. I have checked all settings in the router and found nothing that
    >could be causing this.
    >
    >Any ideas? Is it just a shit router? I am thinking about getting something
    >substantial next time (maybe a Fortigate 50A) since I am going to add 2 more
    >boxes, an Xbox, and maybe one day run some kind of server so the all-in-one
    >features of the FG are great.
    >
    >I haven't called Belkin yet because I am not interested in being accused of
    >user error right off the bat.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Update the router's firmware. It has an update feature built-in.
    That corrected the problem on several Belkin routers with the same problem.
    Unk, Oct 6, 2004
  4. bPstyles

    bPstyles Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:41:57 GMT, "bPstyles"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a problem that I am growing quite tired of. I have 3 boxes and a

    PS2
    > >hooked up to a standard 4-port Belkin Cable/DSL router (using cable).
    > >Randomly the router will just stop getting connectivity. It isn't the

    cable
    > >modem because if I unplug a eth cable from the router and go straight to

    the
    > >modem, I get throughput instantly (sometimes I have to disable/enable my
    > >connection).
    > >
    > >This happens on all 3 boxes simultaneously, so it isn't an OS or machine
    > >issue. I have checked all settings in the router and found nothing that
    > >could be causing this.
    > >
    > >Any ideas? Is it just a shit router? I am thinking about getting

    something
    > >substantial next time (maybe a Fortigate 50A) since I am going to add 2

    more
    > >boxes, an Xbox, and maybe one day run some kind of server so the

    all-in-one
    > >features of the FG are great.
    > >
    > >I haven't called Belkin yet because I am not interested in being accused

    of
    > >user error right off the bat.
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >

    > Update the router's firmware. It has an update feature built-in.
    > That corrected the problem on several Belkin routers with the same

    problem.

    Let me give that a try. That may be it because I do not recall this garbage
    happening early on.
    bPstyles, Oct 6, 2004