    Is there any other MIB that can do this..??

    Thanx in advance

    Jay

    Jay Nambiar, Dec 15, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Jay Nambiar <> wrote:
    :We have configured vLAN Trunk Interfaces using IEEE 802.1Q Encapsulation
    : on a cisco 3662 router running IOS 12.1(5)T9.

    :Is there any MIB to get bandwidth stats from the vlan interfaces..i have
    : put rate-limits on the the vlan interfaces and tried to get stats using
    :CISCO-CAR-MIB. However no stats are shown for vlan interfaces..

    Have you tried doing community-string indexing?
    (Note: there are two different ways to do that these days, depending
    on the device and software version, so if one doesn't work try
    the other.)
    --
    Most Windows users will run any old attachment you send them, so if
    you want to implicate someone you can just send them a Trojan

    Walter Roberson, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Jay Nambiar

    Jay Nambiar Guest

    hi,

    came across the BRIDGE-MIB while looking up community string indexing,
    but apparently it is designed for Catalyst Switches rather than routers
    running IOS.

    right now, doing a telnet from a script and feeding the rate-limit stats
    for each vlan sub-interface to mrtg...not elegant but atleast it works..

    Jay

    Jay Nambiar, Dec 18, 2003