route problem on cisco 506

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Luca, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Luca

    Luca Guest

    I have this network:

    My network is 10.0.0.0/24.

    PIX506 10.0.0.250 inside
    another
    Router CDN 10.0.0.254 that connect to a remote office network 10.0.1.x.

    On my PIX 506 I have add this "route inside 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0
    10.0.0.254"

    If i ping from my pix an ip address in the 10.0.1.x network I have a
    response, if I ping from a client in my netowrk I have not response.......
    how can I do?
    Now, the clients cannot communicate with the remote office.

    Thanks
    Luca

    Luca, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Luca

    Régis T Guest

    Firewall PIX are not capable of routing packets from inside interface to
    inside interface for security reason!
    Routing can only be done when it pass trough the firewall
    ex: inside to outside

    Maybe you should better to make the CDN as your default gateway for your
    clients and the PIX as the default gateway for the CDN.

    Cordialy

    RT.

    Régis T, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Luca

    Luca Guest

    ............. not good, but is the only solution. (My CDN router is a bad
    router).

    Thanks a lot.
    Luca

    Luca, Jul 9, 2003