    carrying the traffic.

    Thanks,
    Bobby
    Bobby Brady, Oct 9, 2007

  2. Bobby Brady

    Darren Green Guest

    On 9 Oct, 19:00, "Bobby Brady" <> wrote:
    > I am using an access list to define certain traffic. Then based on that
    > access list, I am sending the matched traffic out a dailer interface with
    > DSL using a route map. The goal is to take some of the load off the
    > existing T1.
    >
    > If the DSL fails, will the route map still take precedence and attempt to
    > send traffic out the DSL or will the default route (using the T1) start
    > carrying the traffic.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bobby

    Bobby,

    I would paste the relevant part of your config just so it is clear
    what you have and what you are doing. If you have say static routes
    pointing to your destination out of your Dialer0 interface, these
    won't be removed if the ADSL goes down and the traffic may be black
    holed.

    Reading between the lines I take it that this a single router with 2 x
    connections, 1 x T1 and 1 x DSL. Furthermore, depending on your ACL
    you are setting the interface and perhaps other parameters in your
    route map.

    I have done this a number of times, however, to ensure that the route-
    map didn't black hole the traffic I used the IP SLA commands.

    There are sure to be lots of different ways to achieve what you want
    but for clarity send your config in and I am sure someone will point
    you in the right direction.

    Regadrs

    Darren
    Darren Green, Oct 9, 2007