    Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?

    No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.

    Fred, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Fred

    PC Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:eul4f.14469$y_1.13946@edtnps89...
    > Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    > dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    >
    > No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.

    Options that you may consider:

    1 Call in professionals.
    2 Don rubber gloves and a face mask yourself after consulting a Disposal
    expert.
    3 Ignore both 1 & 2 and just do it.

    in the end it's your call, you have to decide what's in there.

    PeeCee

    PC, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Fred

    Sunny Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message
    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >> Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    >> dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    >>
    >> No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.
    >>

    > Options that you may consider:
    >
    > 1 Call in professionals.
    > 2 Don rubber gloves and a face mask yourself after consulting a Disposal
    > expert.
    > 3 Ignore both 1 & 2 and just do it.
    >
    > in the end it's your call, you have to decide what's in there.

    Or, take the fridge outside and hose it out, then dettol followed by warm
    water with a dash of vanilla :)

    Sunny, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Fred

    WormWood Guest

    Answered inline...
    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it
    > be
    > dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?

    To NOT breath for that length of time may be more dangerous.

    WormWood, Oct 16, 2005
  5. Fred

    JANA Guest

    The danger is with moulds. You should get it professionally cleaned up. The
    best solution is to dispose of the fridge, and replace it. This is because
    there are internal air vents, between the freezer and fridge section that
    you will not be able to properly clean out.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Oct 16, 2005
  6. Fred

    Gary Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    > dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    >
    > No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.

    My vote is to get long binding straps, tie it up so the door can't be
    opened and send it to the landfill. Too many hazards. The molds could
    make yo or other ill, and there is no way to get it all out of the
    inside anyway. The refrigerator can never be used again. Just get rid of it.

    Gary, Oct 16, 2005
  7. Fred

    olfart Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > Fred wrote:
    >> Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    >> dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    >>
    >> No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.

    > My vote is to get long binding straps, tie it up so the door can't be
    > opened and send it to the landfill. Too many hazards. The molds could make
    > yo or other ill, and there is no way to get it all out of the inside
    > anyway. The refrigerator can never be used again. Just get rid of it.

    The Landfill, nor any other disposal site, will not take it until the Freon
    has been removed by a licensed tech.

    olfart, Oct 16, 2005
  8. Fred

    Trax Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote:

    |>"Gary" <> wrote in message

    |>> My vote is to get long binding straps, tie it up so the door can't be
    |>> opened and send it to the landfill. Too many hazards. The molds could make
    |>> yo or other ill, and there is no way to get it all out of the inside
    |>> anyway. The refrigerator can never be used again. Just get rid of it.

    |>The Landfill, nor any other disposal site, will not take it until the Freon
    |>has been removed by a licensed tech.

    Also in the U.S. to dispose of a refrigerator the door must be
    removed; Too many kids being trap'd in them.

    --
    Remember Commander Keen?
    http://www.glenrhodes.com/flashkeen/

    Trax, Oct 16, 2005
  9. Fred

    Plato Guest

    Gary wrote:

    > > Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it be
    > > dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    > >
    > > No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.
    > >

    > My vote is to get long binding straps, tie it up so the door can't be
    > opened and send it to the landfill. Too many hazards. The molds could
    > make yo or other ill, and there is no way to get it all out of the
    > inside anyway. The refrigerator can never be used again. Just get rid of it.

    The frige is fine. Remove the food. Keep the door open to air it out.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 17, 2005
  10. Fred

    Richard Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Gary wrote:
    > >
    > > > Food in fridge (turned off) has been decaying for 3 months. Would it

    be
    > > > dangerous to breathe near the fridge while cleaning it out?
    > > >
    > > > No, it's not my house or fridge but a repo I'm cleaning up.
    > > >

    > > My vote is to get long binding straps, tie it up so the door can't be
    > > opened and send it to the landfill. Too many hazards. The molds could
    > > make yo or other ill, and there is no way to get it all out of the
    > > inside anyway. The refrigerator can never be used again. Just get rid of

    it.

    > The frige is fine. Remove the food. Keep the door open to air it out.
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    personally i'd lay it flat, like a chest, and flood it with a bleach/water
    mix = whatever other anti viral fungal or bacterial you have handy.

    after that it's gona need soem scrubing (maybe) and a good rinsing, if your
    unlucky it'll stink forever, use as a trade it, if not, you got your fridge

    Richard, Oct 18, 2005